Author Topic: Can You Help this Mom! Avon Alert!!!  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Quo Warranto

• Wachtmeister
    • The Face Of Choice
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
Can You Help this Mom! Avon Alert!!!
« on: May 19, 2015, 12:18:08 AM »
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but here goes...

A girl I met on an internet termination/abortion board who did the right thing and chose life for her baby, is now trying to make a go of it selling Avon. She lives in NYC and lost her job while she was pregnant with her little boy. Her baby is just a couple of months old now and she is raising him on her own. I would love if this worked out for her and would love if Catholics could show her that Prolife people care for her and her baby, not just before, but during and after the birth of a baby as well. This is a great opportunity to help a young mother who made the right choice in keeping her baby.

Here is her link she sent me. If you order from this link, Kim will get a commission:
http://www.youravon.com/khyman

Thank you everyone in advance. Please pass this link on to anyone you know who might want to help.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 12:58:23 PM by Quo Warranto »
Message me if you are interested in on-line side walk counseling. Save babies from the comfort of your own home!
http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=6160.0

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Can You Help this Mom! Avon Allert!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 11:26:38 AM »
Is there any way to verify that this seller is that woman and that her story checks out, and that she's actually in need?
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Offline Chestertonian

• The Stephen Hawking of SD
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
  • Eternal Gadfly
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 12:18:31 PM »
do those multi level marketing scenarios actually work though...  i have read that they often leave people broke and aliemating their friends

i would rather just donate to a go fund me thing
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Offline Quo Warranto

• Wachtmeister
    • The Face Of Choice
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 12:51:50 PM »
I have been in communication with Kim for over a year now. I  first saw her posting on a pro abortion forum looking for advice about getting an abortion. I think she was like 8 weeks along at the time. I wrote to her trying to talk her out of aborting and it turned into a friendship. She was back and forth so much and not knowing what to do with the baby. I directed her to the Sisters of Life in NYC and she got some support from them throughout her pregnancy. I have asked her about sending her things she might need but she really wants to be able to support herself and be independent. This is the first time she has ever asked me for anything. I think it's kind of nice that she isn't asking for handouts but is trying to make this work. She didn't ask me to pass her story around or send the link out or anything like that. I was just thinking it would be nice to try and help her.

It's not very expensive makeup. I was surprised, it's about what you would pay at the drug store so if you are going to spend the money anyway... I don't know about others but I'd much rather my money go to a friend or go to someone it could help.

I don't know how to verify her story to you Kaesekopf...It would be quite the scam for her to be lying to me all this time, just to get me to buy Avon a year later:)

I don't know anything about this sort of sales stuff Chestertonian...I know what you are saying though. I would imagine if she can't make money, she'd find out rather quickly and then not waste too much time on it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 03:36:55 PM by Quo Warranto »
Message me if you are interested in on-line side walk counseling. Save babies from the comfort of your own home!
http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=6160.0

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 12:56:10 PM »
Pictures, birth records/announcements, baptism (?) announcement, etc?  :shrug:

A lot of folks got burned by someone a few years back, and it left a very sour taste in our (at least, my) mouths. 

The Internet breeds distrust, yknow?
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.