Candance Owens Becomes Catholic

Started by Mushroom, April 22, 2024, 05:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mushroom

Quote from: drummerboy on April 23, 2024, 10:46:11 PMI'm amazed nobody mentioned she's wearing pants!!!  Yes, I will hijack this into a "women wearing pants" conversation.

Thank you, that's literally the first thing I noticed.

Heinrich

Women don't wear pants. They wear slacks.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

james03

She's not Catholic in the snap (using the new lingo).  Once she converts, she'll burn her trousers.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Gardener

Quote from: diaduit on April 24, 2024, 02:36:42 AMRussell Brand saying the Rosary
Candace and her husband Tom
Jordan Petersons wife
Shia le Beouf - which btw very soon fell apart after
Britany Spears - her instagram does't have the Catholic vibe so to speak!

Honestly I will pray for them but I'm not really sold on it, could be 'trusted voices' being set up for next whammy whatever that involves.  That being said, God is all powerful and good.

What happened with Shia? Haven't heard anything.

Brand hasn't said he converted and Spears is probably clinically insane and merely made a video.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

diaduit

Shia did a full drag entrance publicly within a few weeks of his becoming a Catholic and his film on Padre Pio was awful.  I know Brand hasn't converted but he is saying the rosary on X and people don't discern if Spears is insane, they just hear she is Catholic.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: diaduit on April 24, 2024, 12:06:09 PMShia did a full drag entrance publicly within a few weeks of his becoming a Catholic and his film on Padre Pio was awful.  I know Brand hasn't converted but he is saying the rosary on X and people don't discern if Spears is insane, they just hear she is Catholic.

This sort of thing is exactly why I give zero credence to celebrities "converting" or flirting with the Faith.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Gardener

Quote from: diaduit on April 24, 2024, 12:06:09 PMShia did a full drag entrance publicly within a few weeks of his becoming a Catholic and his film on Padre Pio was awful.  I know Brand hasn't converted but he is saying the rosary on X and people don't discern if Spears is insane, they just hear she is Catholic.

Not that it makes Shia's thing "good" but I thought that was from a movie he was working on or something. Not just him reverting to his previous weirdo ways.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Michael Wilson

Her husband was already a TLM Catholic (convert from COE) before they met; she was raised in a Reformed (Calvinist) family; was not really religious until she met her husband; he's brought her a long way; the best thing that can happen to both of them, is that she give up her job, and stay at home and raise her kids in the faith.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

diaduit

Quote from: Michael Wilson on April 24, 2024, 05:02:11 PMHer husband was already a TLM Catholic (convert from COE) before they met; she was raised in a Reformed (Calvinist) family; was not really religious until she met her husband; he's brought her a long way; the best thing that can happen to both of them, is that she give up her job, and stay at home and raise her kids in the faith.

He is from a major major millionaire family in UK whose father is a House of Lords rep, just like Jacob Reese Mogg, come from aristocrat money.  Of course he could be genuine and I pray he is but these people are not the same as you and I.  Candace herself has a checkered history in the me too movement and tried to set up a doxing website for dating females.
All I am saying is that of course it is wonderful and God can work great miracles but I will reserve some of enthusiasm for now. 

As for Shia, he walked to the show albeit a couple of streets across from theatre afaik but it was public and unnecessary for his role to be out on the streets like that.  We haven't heard from him since and its quite possible he is taking time out to actually learn Catholicism.

All we can do is pray for them but I won't be fawning over their stories just yet.

Greg

Shouldn't be fawning over any convert.  They're newbies after all.  In what other area of life does someone with all manner of experience, get mushy eyed and excited about some new person joining.  They might have zeal and enthusiasm but they don't have much else to offer.

What they are useful for is alerting other non-Catholics to the type of Catholicism that they are converting to.  But I don't see why those in the vineyard since daybreak need to bang pots and pans together in some sort of contrivance of pious joy.

Good for her.  I'm pleased for her.  I will, however, avoid her opinion on sedevacantism for the next 25 years.

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.