Inertia of the soul?

Started by gsas, September 09, 2019, 07:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsas

Is the soul like a ship?  You steer it and then it goes there.  But here is the problem.  It is possible to be in error and steer it the wrong way.  Then the ship ends up half an ocean away from where you need to be.  How do you correct it?  It is not easy because ships don't turn around on a dime and you are miles away.  Plus there is that unwanted crew too on your ship that drove it there without care for the real goal.  Now God is laughing at you for making a fool out of yourself, and you have to get back.  So, how do you unwish a wish?  Unpray a prayer?  Undo a deed?  God has already given you your journey route that you wanted in error and completed in error.  Now how do you look if you now ask God to turn the whole thing back?  And what do you say to God's middle finger about it?  Generally speaking, how do you correct your errors after God has granted you success in them in His mercy, but now you need to ask for undoing them?  God is not a come-here-go-there slave.  So this is a very complicated problem I think.  The theology of blessed error.

Bernadette

God doesn't laugh at our errors or give us the middle finger about our prayers. Geesh.  :o
My Lord and my God.

Michael Wilson

Don't attribute your mistakes to God; but God does permit one to make mistakes and embarrassing ones in order to make us or keep us humble and on our knees praying for His help. He doesn't laugh at your mistakes, but is full of goodness, mercy and compassion for us poor miserable creatures. 
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers