Consecration of the forum to the Sacred Heart of Jesus - A Request

Started by Kaesekopf, June 07, 2013, 04:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

Tomorrow is the First Friday of January 2021! It's also a Holy Day of Obligation throughout the Universal Church.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

diaduit

Quote from: Lynne on December 31, 2020, 04:58:45 AM
Tomorrow is the First Friday of January 2021! It's also a Holy Day of Obligation throughout the Universal Church.

My family talked of special indulgences for singing Te Deum and also writing in chalk the year of Our Lord over the door?

Does anyone know about this?

Lynne

Quote from: diaduit on December 31, 2020, 05:09:36 AM

My family talked of special indulgences for singing Te Deum and also writing in chalk the year of Our Lord over the door?

Yes, we have blessed chalk and will definitely be doing that this year.

https://onepeterfive.com/the-chalking-of-the-doors-an-epiphany-tradition-explained/

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

diaduit

Quote from: Lynne on December 31, 2020, 05:14:42 AM

I just did the chalk before but it washes off in the rain, I thought it was something you just did once and maybe a bit like baptism, leaves and indelible mark :)

https://onepeterfive.com/the-chalking-of-the-doors-an-epiphany-tradition-explained/

Lynne

Quote from: diaduit on December 31, 2020, 07:13:46 AM
Quote from: Lynne on December 31, 2020, 05:14:42 AM

I just did the chalk before but it washes off in the rain, I thought it was something you just did once and maybe a bit like baptism, leaves and indelible mark :)

:)

I thought that one does it on the inside of the house?

But yes, it's done yearly...

diaduit

mikemac

It's usually done on Jan. 6th, isn't it?

20 + C + M + B + 21
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

diaduit

Lynne

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lynne

Lynne

Tomorrow is the First Friday of April 2021 *but* it's also Good Friday!

Jayne

Quote from: Lynne on April 01, 2021, 03:33:24 AM

Thanks, Lynne. 

I was wondering how it works when these happen together and found this article:  https://www.ewtn.com/catholicism/library/first-friday-devotion-and-first-friday-4760

QuoteSince the promise of No. 12 refers to receiving Communion, and not to attending Mass, I think it is safe to say that reception of Communion at the Good Friday Celebration of the Lord's Passion is more than sufficient to comply with the requirements of this devotional practice. At the same time, when Mass is available on the other first Fridays, it is always preferable to communicate within Mass if possible.

This is not a traditional site, but I expect them to be accurate about this sort of thing.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Lynne

Quote from: Jayne on April 01, 2021, 06:58:28 AM
Quote from: Lynne on April 01, 2021, 03:33:24 AM

Thanks, Lynne. 

I was wondering how it works when these happen together and found this article:  https://www.ewtn.com/catholicism/library/first-friday-devotion-and-first-friday-4760

QuoteSince the promise of No. 12 refers to receiving Communion, and not to attending Mass, I think it is safe to say that reception of Communion at the Good Friday Celebration of the Lord's Passion is more than sufficient to comply with the requirements of this devotional practice. At the same time, when Mass is available on the other first Fridays, it is always preferable to communicate within Mass if possible.

This is not a traditional site, but I expect them to be accurate about this sort of thing.

Thank you!

Lynne