Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ServusMariae

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 13, 2018, 10:00:31 AM
Good morning, Orate, and all! Going out to goodwill today with daughter. Hope to find some deals.

Hey, goodwill is a dollar store isn't it? Out of goodwill, please say hi to the goodwill folks for me. Thanks!  ;D :seeya:

(& I have no idea why: but my good-willed mind suddenly thought of Kepha ... Ladies, may I ask if you have heard or seen Kepha anywhere lately?)

dymphna17

Quote from: orate on April 13, 2018, 09:20:59 AM

We ain't out of the woods just yet... under a Tornado Watch and a Severe Thunderstorm Watch until 9:00 pm.  Normally I wouldn't be too concerned with as windy as it has been yesterday and this morning, but it's been over 60 degrees all night and then up to over 80 today and the wind just stopped about half an hour ago.  We were talking about 45 mph wind gusts.  Clouds have just moved in and I can't tell from here how high they are, but I'd almost bet they are tall enough to make a little hail.  This is all happening because we are going to get ice/snow tomorrow.  So when you go from 84! to 34! within a 24 hour period, well, that energy has to go somewhere!  Let the thunder and lightening commence!  But keep the spinning clouds up there, if You wouldn't mind, God.  Time to top off the fish tanks and fill the tub.  New batteries in the flashlights, CERT bag ready to go,  go bags ready, oil lamps set, radio and scanner ready.  I have a feeling we'll be testing the new fridge tonight.  Hopefully not for long.  Praying this is all for naught.   :pray3: 8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 13, 2018, 02:51:45 PM
Quote from: orate on April 13, 2018, 09:20:59 AM

We ain't out of the woods just yet... under a Tornado Watch and a Severe Thunderstorm Watch until 9:00 pm.  Normally I wouldn't be too concerned with as windy as it has been yesterday and this morning, but it's been over 60 degrees all night and then up to over 80 today and the wind just stopped about half an hour ago.  We were talking about 45 mph wind gusts.  Clouds have just moved in and I can't tell from here how high they are, but I'd almost bet they are tall enough to make a little hail.  This is all happening because we are going to get ice/snow tomorrow.  So when you go from 84! to 34! within a 24 hour period, well, that energy has to go somewhere!  Let the thunder and lightening commence!  But keep the spinning clouds up there, if You wouldn't mind, God.  Time to top off the fish tanks and fill the tub.  New batteries in the flashlights, CERT bag ready to go,  go bags ready, oil lamps set, radio and scanner ready.  I have a feeling we'll be testing the new fridge tonight.  Hopefully not for long.  Praying this is all for naught.   :pray3: 8)

Yippee for weather. 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

dymphna17

Ha!  Hubby got the attic fan going just in time for the cool down, bless his heart.  That's alright, it will start being warm again right after the snow and ice tomorrow night.  Yay Spring!  :lol:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: ServusMariae on April 13, 2018, 10:28:27 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on April 13, 2018, 10:00:31 AM
Good morning, Orate, and all! Going out to goodwill today with daughter. Hope to find some deals.

Hey, goodwill is a dollar store isn't it? Out of goodwill, please say hi to the goodwill folks for me. Thanks!  ;D :seeya:

(& I have no idea why: but my good-willed mind suddenly thought of Kepha ... Ladies, may I ask if you have heard or seen Kepha anywhere lately?)

No I have not seen Kepha lately. Hmmmmmmm. Hope he is well. And Goodwill is a second hand store. Used items.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Good morning. Prayers for our president. Grimer worm tongue has been whispering in his ear.  God help us, please.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

orate

...with prayers for peace.
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Well, good Morning. Hope this holy day finds everyone well, and for those not well, my prayers.

orate

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Amen Orate! By the grace of God....may I seek only Him. I ask quite often for more Faith. I am not without it, but I get harassed  by the evil one, too often. With deeper Faith, his torments may just run off me like water on a duck. Sometimes I mistakenly believe I'm stronger than I am.  :(  finding my falls even more disgraceful. Well of course all sin is bad, but I can have a tendency to believe myself to be a pretty bad person. In light of the saints, I am, truthfully. But in my state of life, I can only hope to improve. So stinking many temptations, more subtle ones, the kind everyone may not see, but deadly for me.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 15, 2018, 09:10:22 AM
Amen Orate! By the grace of God....may I seek only Him. I ask quite often for more Faith. I am not without it, but I get harassed  by the evil one, too often. With deeper Faith, his torments may just run off me like water on a duck. Sometimes I mistakenly believe I'm stronger than I am.  :(  finding my falls even more disgraceful. Well of course all sin is bad, but I can have a tendency to believe myself to be a pretty bad person. In light of the saints, I am, truthfully. But in my state of life, I can only hope to improve. So stinking many temptations, more subtle ones, the kind everyone may not see, but deadly for me.

I would say that this shows you do have a deeper Faith.  The evil one harasses only those who don't yet belong to him.  He only irritates those who do.  And you have tuned into the more subtle temptations.  That is a gift as well.  So, hang in there, my friend!  You are on the right path!  :)   Oh, and good morning all!  Dang, I missed morning by 42 minutes.   :-[  Good afternoon everyone!
?

orate

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 15, 2018, 11:42:53 AM

I would say that this shows you do have a deeper Faith.  The evil one harasses only those who don't yet belong to him.  He only irritates those who do.  And you have tuned into the more subtle temptations.  That is a gift as well.  So, hang in there, my friend!  You are on the right path!  :)   Oh, and good morning all! 

Carleen,  I was going to say this exact thing.  It seems to me that the stronger one is in the Faith the more the devil tempts us to get us to belong to him.  When I am beset by temptations, I actually find it a consolation to know that  it means I belong to God and not to the devil.  Until I fall, of course....then its off to the confessional I go.

orate

Carleendiane

Coffee and sports pants here. I sleep in my sports pants. I can wake up and run into the post office and not even have to change. No one knows because they don't wrinkle. They are baggy but still manage to look tidy. Love em! There's a lot to be said for the freedom of wardrobe that happens after 50!

The only time I want to stab people is when speaking to customer service coming out of India. For the most part they are fairly good at their job, but the desire to kill comes in when I get someone who has such a thick accent that I can't understand them and have to ask them to speak slowly and repeat EVERYTHING! Poor things, just trying to make a buck.

Good one, Orate!! And good morning to you.

ServusMariae

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 16, 2018, 09:15:04 AM
The only time I want to stab people is when speaking to customer service coming out of India. For the most part they are fairly good at their job, but the desire to kill comes in when I get someone who has such a thick accent that I can't understand them and have to ask them to speak slowly and repeat EVERYTHING! Poor things, just trying to make a buck.

oh Indians ... their accents can clash with Americans & Asians, yet they are the valuable people at the other end of the phone every time I call up technical support for Internet issues. I cannot agree more of how their accents can be heavily bad to the point no one can figure out what they're saying, but the right way to deal with them is not to stab them, but to listen to them with perseverance & patience.  :pray3: