Electric Vehicles - Next Big Hoax

Started by Bonaventure, August 27, 2023, 11:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on August 29, 2023, 08:06:08 AM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on August 29, 2023, 07:47:13 AMI HATED the A380 when it first came out....now I am fully enamoured.

Nothing beats the B744 though.

It's really a shame that they can't seem to find a market for it.

With the impending pilot shortage, it seems like a no-brainer to fly larger planes less frequently.

I forget the details but it is incredibly economically unviable...it only works in certain use cases: ie. Emirates.

The A321XLR is the future, unfortunately.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on August 29, 2023, 08:37:17 AMI forget the details but it is incredibly economically unviable...it only works in certain use cases: ie. Emirates.

I'm not convinced any of the Middle Eastern carriers are actually profitable.

They seem like very swanky marketing efforts to increase the perceived status of the principalities that field them.
this page left intentionally blank

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on August 29, 2023, 08:38:39 AM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on August 29, 2023, 08:37:17 AMI forget the details but it is incredibly economically unviable...it only works in certain use cases: ie. Emirates.

I'm not convinced any of the Middle Eastern carriers are actually profitable.

They seem like very swanky marketing efforts to increase the perceived status of the principalities that field them.

Well Etihad, Qatar and Emirates are all government run, so sure, they don't have to operate to the same degree a public airline like AA does.

I do think Emirates does fairly well, regardless. They've cornered the market..and by the market, I mean the entire world, lol.

I haven't done a deep dive into the economics on pax airlines in a while...my whole focus these days is bizjets. I should take a peek one day though.

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

What are your thoughts on composite designs?

I like that they can pressurize to lower altitudes and humidify the cabin, but I'm leery about how long they'll last in service compared to traditional skins...

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on August 29, 2023, 08:48:02 AMWhat are your thoughts on composite designs?

I like that they can pressurize to lower altitudes and humidify the cabin, but I'm leery about how long they'll last in service compared to traditional skins...

I have noticed a significant difference as a pax when on the 787...it was much more refreshing than I'm used to.

I think you're right, they won't last as long. Just look at the paint issues the A350 had - from what I read it had nothing to do with the paint, but with the underlying skin.

If composites are cheaper to make and cheaper to operate, we'll just end up with shorter lifespan a/c and Airbus and Boeing pumping them out more frequently (if they're smart, Boeing is so behind on orders it's ridiculous).

I think the main issue isn't body composition it's engines and/or fuel. I wonder why you cant take a 40 year old 747 that's in relatively good condition, strap some brand new, fuel efficient engines on it, put some sustainable fuel in it and then run it another 20 years. The avionics are up to snuff, and if not, easy to upgrade.

- MaximGun

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on August 29, 2023, 09:00:22 AMI think you're right, they won't last as long.

I'm not afraid of the costs.  Cost is the airlines' problem.  I'm afraid that they'll fail in unanticipated ways because existing inspection programs may not catch new problems.

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on August 29, 2023, 09:00:22 AMI think the main issue isn't body composition it's engines and/or fuel. I wonder why you cant take a 40 year old 747 that's in relatively good condition, strap some brand new, fuel efficient engines on it, put some sustainable fuel in it and then run it another 20 years. The avionics are up to snuff, and if not, easy to upgrade.

Are there hard limits on the number of cycles that the body could be used?

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on August 29, 2023, 09:18:12 AM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on August 29, 2023, 09:00:22 AMI think you're right, they won't last as long.

I'm not afraid of the costs.  Cost is the airlines' problem.  I'm afraid that they'll fail in unanticipated ways because existing inspection programs may not catch new problems.

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on August 29, 2023, 09:00:22 AMI think the main issue isn't body composition it's engines and/or fuel. I wonder why you cant take a 40 year old 747 that's in relatively good condition, strap some brand new, fuel efficient engines on it, put some sustainable fuel in it and then run it another 20 years. The avionics are up to snuff, and if not, easy to upgrade.

Are there hard limits on the number of cycles that the body could be used?

Inspections are pretty thorough, Check Ds are intense, but you're probably right - we entered new territory with composites. So we're working with old school techniques/protocols with new school materials. There's bound to be problems. 787 had a whole host of battery issues from the outset.

I'm not sure about cycle limits for a body - again my main aviation knowledge is from a pilot's perspective so all I am familiar with is engine cycles. I guess if the material is holding up, why not - Buffalo is flying 1930/40s era DC3s in northern Canada, there are still 727, 737-200s and 747 Classics flying. I did the logistics for a DC8 not long ago too. If the steel/aluminium is holding up, I don't see why you can't strap some new engines on it and treat it as if brand new(ish). But I'm not an engineer.

- MaximGun

james03

Speaking of subsidies:

QuoteWind Energy Giant Orsted Could Book $2.3 Billion In Impairments

Danish wind energy giant Orsted has warned it could incur impairments of $2.33 billion (16 billion Danish kroner) on its U.S. operations.

The company blamed supplier delays, insufficient subsidies from the federal government, and higher interest rates for the potential impairments. ...

As for subsidies, the wind turbine maker said that "our continued discussions with senior federal stakeholders looters about additional ITC qualifications for Ocean Wind 1 and Sunrise Wind are not progressing as we previously expected.

"We continue to engage in discussions with federal stakeholders (people who use the term "stakeholder" are gay) to qualify for additional tax credits beyond 30%. If these efforts prove unsuccessful, it could lead to impairments of up to DKK 6 billion."

The amount mentioned is equal to some $870 million.

It's all a looting operation.  Considering the US Federal Debt will be at $50 TRILLION by 2030, the loot is coming to an end as the producers are being sucked dry.

Edit: This isn't hard to figure out, and yes it is as corrupt and stupid as it appears.  They have already gotten the Feds to loot producers in the amount of 30 freaking percent of the project.  But they STILL need another $870 million.  You can build a gas-fired plant that will produce more power AND BE PROFITABLE without a penny of government lucre. 

"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

josh987654321

Quote from: Bonaventure on August 27, 2023, 11:58:32 PMThoughts?

When I was a kid, I had a choice between electric or petrol RC Cars, the salesmen did a good job and convinced my brother and I to go electric (for us the electricity was free, we'd have to buy petrol), got home and the battery was flat, so then I had to charge it, oh but it couldn't be charged with a wall socket, nope, it needed to be hooked up to a car battery to charge, which took about 10 minutes.

Then when using the RC Car it performed great... for about 5 minutes, then the performance dropped off significantly until about after 10 minutes it would need to be charged again... so it was basically a long process of almost 10 minutes on 10 minutes off, which frustrated me so much I eventually just didn't bother... oh and the more you charge the more performance and longevity drop, so it got to the stage where it was more like 7 minutes on, 12 minutes off with peak performance for only about 4 minutes, which made the whole thing too much trouble than what it was worth.

If I got petrol I could have used it for as long as I liked, with a very quick couple of seconds pit stop just 'topping up' the petrol every so often and performance would have been consistent and reliable the entire time.

This was what you could say was my first 'taste' of EV's as a kid and I suspect people will find out the hard way with modern EV's just on a larger scale.

I don't know how exactly the hybrids work, thus how well or not, so they may be a viable option, nevertheless, this is only a stepping stone for the cultists, so you'll still be a heretic in their eyes (and are you currently breathing thus exhaling CO2? Yea you should stop that too), I personally will never go full electric again as much as I can help it.

I also have an electric push lawn mower, yea it works fine for what I use it for, but the battery dies about 2/3rds the way through the job and it's a small job, a petrol mower will always be far, far superior, so for serious jobs electric is never going to cut it.

Switching to all EV's will probably make stuff like '15-minute cities' or 'ghettos/work camps' etc a reality, because you probably won't have enough juice to go any further nor charging stations beyond your designated area, as he said in one of your videos, most will charge from home, so now they know the maximum distance you can travel, and that's only on a new battery whose performance will reduce over time, less power, shorter distances and longer charging times.

God Bless
"I will not delude you with prospects of peace and consolations; on the contrary, prepare for great battles. Know that you are now on a great stage where all heaven and earth are watching you. Fight like a knight, so that I can reward you. Do not be unduly fearful, because you are not alone." (Diary, 1760)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)

"I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)