Poll: Now that the trad. Sacrament of Confirmation is banned, what will you do?

Started by GiftOfGod, December 18, 2021, 04:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 21, 2021, 09:05:50 AM
I mean, Francis is no pope, and these sacraments are doubtful, when administered by clergy ordained in the new rite.

So it's weird that you show concern over it.  [emoji28]

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
It's weird that I'm concerned about my fellow trads (even though they are not 100% aligned with my theological opinions)? That's sad.

Quote from: Pæniteo on December 21, 2021, 08:38:15 PM
Do you go onto Anglican forums and post like this?
No, why would I? What Anglican forums are you referring to?

Your certainty of your opinion is as strong as I've ever seen, yet, you seem to be attracted to the visible Church and the Pope.
I'd like to see traditional Catholics have access to valid Sacraments, so what? How do I "seem to be attracted to the visible Church and the Pope"?

Maybe you need to temper your opinion with some truth, that you cannot be certain because you and no individual has the authority to make the proclamations required for your opinion to be certain.
Your implication is that my opinion contains no truth. Which parts, specifically, contain no truth?
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 21, 2021, 09:00:16 PM

You have the same reaction to the current Pope and Bishops and their works and claims as I have to the Anglicans.

They are heretics, don't have valid orders or sacraments (except Baptism if done properly), and their approval of anything is meaningless, and their authority is non-existant.

Who was I talking about? Anglicans or the Pope and Bishops that are representative of the Holy Catholic Church?

TerrorDæmonum

I voted Other.

My explanation:

I am born and raised in the TLM and I received the sacrament a long time ago, and I cannot receive it again. I have nobody who I am spiritually (or materially or legally) responsible for.

However, this thread's title is begging the question (really). The sacrament has not been banned at all.

The Holy Spirit isn't just an idea and it is not up to Internet posters to take it upon themselves to usurp lawful authority and make declarations as if they were at all certain or binding.

It is one thing to have an opinion, but it is quite another to raise that above everything else.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Pæniteo on December 21, 2021, 09:05:57 PM
Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 21, 2021, 09:00:16 PM

You have the same reaction to the current Pope and Bishops and their works and claims as I have to the Anglicans.

They are heretics, don't have valid orders or sacraments (except Baptism if done properly), and their approval of anything is meaningless, and their authority is non-existant.

Who was I talking about? Anglicans or the Pope and Bishops that are representative of the Holy Catholic Church?
You don't see a difference between sedevacantism and Anglicanism, really?

Quote from: Pæniteo on December 21, 2021, 09:31:12 PM
However, this thread's title is begging the question (really). The sacrament has not been banned at all.
I never said "the Sacrament of Confirmation is banned; I said "the trad. Sacrament of Confirmation is banned". Are you not aware of the Responsum from the CDW regarding implementation of Traditionis custodes?
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 21, 2021, 10:37:56 PM
I never said "the Sacrament of Confirmation is banned; I said "the trad. Sacrament of Confirmation is banned".

Do you think the Sacrament is different between the rites used?

There are no "traditional Sacraments". There are "traditional" rites/orders to differentiate from revised orders. The sacrament is not affected.

Gardener

A good friend asked the other day about this and if we (me and those in the chat) would go Eastern (I assume he meant Eastern Catholic; the Orthoducks are out of the question). No. Going to the Maronites at this point is like having your local gas station clerk say the Novus Ordo with an accent. Blech. Even my Lebanese friend dislikes them.

No, I'd go to Watkins, CO. St. Isidore's. SSPX.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Pæniteo on December 21, 2021, 11:04:44 PM
There are no "traditional Sacraments". There are "traditional" rites/orders to differentiate from revised orders. The sacrament is not affected.
I disagree and, if the reaction to the CDW instruction is any measure, most trads also disagree. If you trust in "Pope Saint" Paul VI's new rites, then you "do you". I hope for your sake that the new sacraments are valid.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Gardener on December 21, 2021, 11:30:16 PM
A good friend asked the other day about this and if we (me and those in the chat) would go Eastern (I assume he meant Eastern Catholic; the Orthoducks are out of the question). No. Going to the Maronites at this point is like having your local gas station clerk say the Novus Ordo with an accent. Blech. Even my Lebanese friend dislikes them.

Good call. Maronites are just Lebanese NOers.

No Ukrainians near ya?
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Gardener

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on December 22, 2021, 03:16:43 AM
Quote from: Gardener on December 21, 2021, 11:30:16 PM

Good call. Maronites are just Lebanese NOers.

No Ukrainians near ya?

There are two Byzantine Phoenix Eparchy parishes in Denver, Holy Protection and Sts. Cyril and Methodius. The drive is equal or longer than just driving to the SSPX (I can drive to Watkins via a rural highway, whereas I must get onto the Interstate and then into wretched Denver city traffic for the Byz parishes). But mainly, I'm not Eastern. I appreciate their spirituality. But I don't see the point in going when the SSPX is viable and available.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe