Need a German Translation

Started by james03, July 14, 2022, 08:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Heinrich

There has to be some type of propagandizing going on here. Literally it is quite simple, but interpreting some greater nuance is baffling.

"If you want to make Putin mad, just wash these four areas( of your body). One should also conserve water to protect freedom.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

gorignak

I think it's about taking shorter showers to reduce hot water usage and conserve natural gas.

james03

It is a propaganda poster from Germany getting Germans ready of the upcoming cataclysmic winter.  They are advocating taking short showers to conserve electricity and gas.  Thanks for the translation.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

Heinrich

I wonder if Greg is there hawking wood burning/pellet stoves for resale.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

james03

He's into the pellet stove?  My buddy has a pellet smoker and swears by it.  I do it the regular way.  Smoked up a pile of meat for July 4 using pecan.  Unfortunately my wood stash is running low.

Heinrich

If he can spot a trend and make a hot wad oof flash cash, you know he'd do it. Guy's got the Midas touch. For instance, the GGreg bike broker biz is what he's doing now. Plugging in the data for x and graphing it out on GSheets for when UK and Ireland ration gas.