Russia Invades Ukraine

Started by King Wenceslas, February 23, 2022, 09:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

JCCC update:

Kievsky district of Donetsk as a result of shelling, a girl died, there were hits on residential buildings.

Amnesty International will not investigate.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Kaesekopf

Xavier, what is the point in spamming the news reports you post?  There is no discussion subsequent to them.  So why post it?
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Xavier

Well, Kaese, usually, I both discuss and post. Those last two posts were about the ongoing mobilization, which I already commented on/discussed earlier. Anything in particular you want to discuss?

In other news, Ukraine has seized dozens of tanks left behind by fleeing Russian troops. When the 300K forces etc come, those will prove useful. It's highly likely those 300K+ forces are poorly trained.

"KYIV: Ukraine's military has grabbed dozens of tanks left by fleeing Russian troops in the east, according to people familiar with the matter, adding crucial weaponry to its arsenal nearly seven months into a war where both sides have lost manpower and machinery."

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/europe/ukraine-seizes-dozens-of-russian-tanks-left-by-fleeing-forces/articleshow/94367609.cms
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

King Wenceslas

Quote from: Xavier on September 22, 2022, 12:01:46 PM
"In Moscow, protesters chant "No to war".

#Russia #RussiaInvadedUkraine #Ukraine #UkraineRussiaWar"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1572625851812057089 [video in link]

Putin's war is now coming home to roost. It just ain't the poor out in the territorials that are going to fight and die, it is now ethnic Russians going to fight and die.

This is a war to the finish.

james03

We're in WWIII, and don't know it yet.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

james03

Luckily, the US military is getting itself ready for the war:

https://thepostmillennial.com/air-force-tells-cadets-to-use-gender-neutral-language-no-more-mom-and-dad-in-diversity-training

Quote"Person-centered" language tells cadets to format their speech centering around the individual, for example, "transgender people/service members" instead of "transgenders," or "people with disabilities," instead of "the disabled."

When addressing a person, the training tells cadets "when in doubt" of what a person calls themselves, to "ask" the person.

The training also tells cadets to use gender-neutral words to address a group or person, like "y'all/team/squaddies/everyone/folks," instead of "you guys," or "partner" instead of boyfriend or girlfriend.

"Some families are headed by single parents, grandparents, foster parents, two moms, two dads, etc.: consider 'parent or caregiver' instead of 'mom and dad,'" the presentation states. "Use words that include all genders: 'Folks' or 'Y'all' instead of 'guys'; 'partner' vs. 'boyfriend or girlfriend.'"

Quotethe presentation claimed that diversity and inclusion training is a critical factor in "developing warfighters" to be "prepared to lead the USAF/USSF with character."
True.  They are preparing "war fighters" and not men, to battle the patriarchy.

Putin is terrified.

The Curt Jester

Posting articles about Russians fleeing to avoid a draft is meaningless.  Guess what?  Any time any country imposes a draft on its citizens to fight a war, there will always be draft dodgers.  This is true regardless of whether or not a war is justified.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

james03

How about an article on protests in Brussels against the inflation?

Quotehttps://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2022/09/21/thousands-protest-in-brussels-against-cost-of-living-crisis

Losing track.  Prague, Germany, and now Brussels.

Xavier

This isn't a normal draft. It's a dictatorial or tyrannical forced conscription. Russian social media posts are flooded with panic.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/sep/22/russia-mobilisation-ukraine-war-army-drive

"'It's a 100% mobilisation': day one of Russia's drive to build its army

"It's not a partial mobilisation, it's a 100% mobilisation," said Alexandra Garmazhapova, president of the Free Buryatia Foundation, an activist group that has reported on the draft in the region. In the past day, she said, she and her colleagues had received and identified more than 3,000 reports of povestka, or draft papers, being delivered in Buryatia within just 24 hours of Vladimir Putin announcing the draft.

Despite assurances that Russia would be seeking men who had recently served in the army and had combat experience, activists pointed to a number of cases of men in their 50s receiving draft notices.

One woman said a 52-year-old relative had been delivered a povestka shortly before the president announced the draft the previous day ...

In Dagestan, a video appeared to show people angrily confronting an official arguing in favour of the draft at a recruitment centre.

The official said that her son had been fighting in Ukraine since February.

"You're fighting for your children's future," shouted the woman, who was not identified, in front of a crowd outside a municipal building.

"We don't have a present, what kind of future are you talking about?" a man in the crowd responded.

In Moscow, hundreds gathered to protest on downtown Arbat Street after Putin announced the mobilisation. Police officers reportedly began giving draft notices to those they detained at the protest.

Among them was Artem Krieger, a young reporter for the Sota Vision news outlet, who was detained despite being there to cover the protests.

"All the men, absolutely everyone, was given a draft notice," said Krieger during an interview with TV Rain from the back of a police van. That included men who had never served in the army, he said, who were now required to appear at their local recruitment centres.

Cars from Russia queue at the border into Finland.
'I will cross the border tonight': Russians flee after news of draft
Read more
In a phone call with journalists, Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov appeared to confirm that police were handing down draft notices to detainees. "It does not violate the law," he said.

The breadth of the mobilisation across Russia is staggering. One video showed more than 100 potential draftees lined up behind an An-12 plane at an airport in Khurba in the far-eastern Khabarovsk region.

In Buryatia, activists said they didn't understand why local officials were recruiting so aggressively, with students at local universities receiving draft notices while they were sitting in class.

One idea was that the local governor was keen to meet his quotas "like a schoolboy before schoolteacher Putin", said Garmazhapova.

Another theory, she said, was that it was being done to "punish Buryatia".

Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Xavier

https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/1573026951832702976

"Zelensky appeals to Russians in his eve address. "55k Russian soldiers died in this war in six months. Tens of thousands are wounded and maimed. Want more? No? Then protest. Fight back. Run away or surrender to Ukrainian captivity. These are your options if you want to survive."

The ratio of death to wounded in War is normally 1:3 according to military experts. Let's be generous and say it's only 1:2 here.

Let's also lower the 55,000 to 50,000. That would yield nearly 100,000 injured for a total of 150,000 (Death+Wounded) casualties.

Now, if Ukraine can defeat - without F16s, ATACMS and the best tanks, mind you - 150,000 Soldiers in 6 months, and these were the best Russia had to begin with, then it can easily defeat even 300,000 untrained ones, but it would take maybe 12 more months to do so.

Not ideal, but if Putin is desperate to go down this path, then eventually and ultimately he will still lose, with more casualties.

Julio

Quote from: james03 on September 22, 2022, 12:44:06 PM
Luckily, the US military is getting itself ready for the war:

https://thepostmillennial.com/air-force-tells-cadets-to-use-gender-neutral-language-no-more-mom-and-dad-in-diversity-training

Quote"Person-centered" language tells cadets to format their speech centering around the individual, for example, "transgender people/service members" instead of "transgenders," or "people with disabilities," instead of "the disabled."

When addressing a person, the training tells cadets "when in doubt" of what a person calls themselves, to "ask" the person.

The training also tells cadets to use gender-neutral words to address a group or person, like "y'all/team/squaddies/everyone/folks," instead of "you guys," or "partner" instead of boyfriend or girlfriend.

"Some families are headed by single parents, grandparents, foster parents, two moms, two dads, etc.: consider 'parent or caregiver' instead of 'mom and dad,'" the presentation states. "Use words that include all genders: 'Folks' or 'Y'all' instead of 'guys'; 'partner' vs. 'boyfriend or girlfriend.'"

Quotethe presentation claimed that diversity and inclusion training is a critical factor in "developing warfighters" to be "prepared to lead the USAF/USSF with character."
True.  They are preparing "war fighters" and not men, to battle the patriarchy.

Putin is terrified.
It is a shame that many would still consider the West to be Christian amidst the institutionalized laws on sodomy which is against the will of God.

james03

It a shame many don't consider the Former West anti-Christian.

Justin Martyr

The least departure from Tradition leads to a scorning of every dogma of the Faith.
St. Photios the Great, Encyclical to the Eastern Patriarchs

CANON I: As for all persons who dare to violate the definition of the holy and great Synod convened in Nicaea in the presence of Eusebeia, the consort of the most God-beloved Emperor Constantine, concerning the holy festival of the soterial Pascha, we decree that they be excluded from Communion and be outcasts from the Church if they persist more captiously in objecting to the decisions that have been made as most fitting in regard thereto; and let these things be said with reference to laymen. But if any of the person occupying prominent positions in the Church, such as a Bishop, or a Presbyter, or a Deacon, after the adoption of this definition, should dare to insist upon having his own way, to the perversion of the laity, and to the disturbance of the church, and upon celebrating Pascha along with the Jews, the holy Synod has hence judged that person to be an alien to the Church, on the ground that he has not only become guilty of sin by himself, but has also been the cause of corruption and perversion among the multitude. Accordingly, it not only deposes such persons from the liturgy, but also those who dare to commune with them after their deposition. Moreover, those who have been deposed are to be deprived of the external honor too of which the holy Canon and God's priesthood have partaken.
The Council of Antioch 341, recieved by the Council of Chalcedon

Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

Greg

This is a really interesting Turley Talks vidro.

On topic
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Michael Wilson

Looks like Russia is getting serious.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers