I Survived Hurricane Irma!!!

Started by CilantroTamales, September 15, 2017, 06:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CilantroTamales

Hello All!!!
I live in SW Florida and took a direct hit from Irma on Sunday!  We are all okay, house didn't get any damage but lost all my trees.  Just got Internet back today (got water and power back Wednesday).  Was on my last few gallons of gas for the generator, but had plenty of bottled water and non-perishable food.  Please pray for all Floridians as we dig out from all the debris, the death toll in this state alone is 26...  :pray2:

Carleendiane

:pray1: :pray2: :pray3: So pleased you are OK  cilantro!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Miriam_M

RedCaves

I know someone who lives in Florida. Unfortunately, I don't have any other contact information on this person, besides Facebook. I have no idea if this person is dead or alive and there hasn't been any updates in almost a week. Hopefully, it's just a lack of power.

:(

dymphna17

Of course you have my prayers!  I wish we had known about you before it hit.  But so, so glad you're alright!!   :pray3: :pray2: :pray1:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

CilantroTamales

Quote from: RedCaves on September 15, 2017, 07:39:50 PM
I know someone who lives in Florida. Unfortunately, I don't have any other contact information on this person, besides Facebook. I have no idea if this person is dead or alive and there hasn't been any updates in almost a week. Hopefully, it's just a lack of power.

:(

Yeah, communications are really bad right now, Internet and cell phone coverage are spotty at best.  Although we had 26 deaths, I think your person is okay - just not able to keep in touch...   :pray2:

Kaesekopf

Congrats!

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

OCLittleFlower

-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Heinrich

Thanks for the update. Do you attend the FSSP? If so, can you PM me? Thanks.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

CilantroTamales

You can see some of my videos during Irma on my website: deprisco.net
Click on the Videos tab at the top...

martin88nyc

But brace yourself brother there is Maria following Irma's path.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

RedCaves

UPDATE: My friend is fine. Started posting on Facebook. :)

CilantroTamales

Quote from: martin88nyc on September 17, 2017, 09:46:02 PM
But brace yourself brother there is Maria following Irma's path.
Thanks, yeah we are following "the tropics" pretty closely.  This one may follow Jose out to the Atlantic...  :pray2: