The Parish Hall > Arts and Leisure

Amazon's Tolkien series

(1/3) > >>

Jacob:
This image was posted online and there has been a lot of analysis of where it is supposed to be and what is happening it and who that is in the foreground.

https://twitter.com/LOTRonPrime/status/1422255647106617359

Go to that link and then click on the image to get a bigger version.  To get an even bigger version, right click on it and choose "view image" or "open image in a new tab" or whatever your browser gives you for a choice.

Any thoughts from all the Middle-earth readers out there?

Melkor:
Looks amazing. I think that is Sauron (in his deceptively fair image) in the foreground.

Santantonio:
Yeah, I decided months ago that I would not watch. The series was only approved after Christopher Tolkien died.
Think of it as free-form Tolkienesque fantasy, with a cast that resembles that mandatory WOKE distribution of cookie-cutter racial disbursement.

Tennessean:
You can't catch lightening in a bottle twice.

Optatus:
I'm not entirely sure of the setting for the series. I have heard both that it is set in the Second Age and in the Third. Akallabęth strikes nearest my heart (as is natural, I think, for any of our race), so the former is preferable to my mind.

But I am with Santantonio. I have little hope that the writers will restrain themselves and keep faithfully to the canon (if it is even possible to come to consensus about what constitutes the canon). I am convinced that whatever it will be, Tolkien would have hated it.

EDIT: Looking at the image more closely, is that Laurelin and Telperion? If so, it must be set in the Years of the Trees. I wonder if it's a depiction of Tirion?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version