A Debate Between James and Chris: On Distributive vs. Commutative Justice

Started by christulsa, December 02, 2020, 08:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

Quote from: christulsa on June 12, 2021, 01:26:31 PM
Quote from: andy on June 12, 2021, 01:10:11 PM
Quote from: christulsa on June 11, 2021, 12:40:47 PM
I did.   And how would you know?  I assume you are not a mind reader.  ...

Was not your post like 15 minutes after mine whereas the video is 20 minutes long?

Yes.  I skimmed through parts of it because it was nonsensical to this thread, but your conclusion I did not finish it to the end is equally nonsensical. 

Anything which helps to prove someone is imprecise makes sense.

I did a copy paste it just to show the outrageous amount of self-serving fluff is there.
Thank you for showing us why you really resurrected this thread. 

Not really. My initial response was written shortly after I discovered the thread but never finished. I am going thru old drafts and decided to correct and submit it. The nature of the thread is timeless, so I thought it is good thing to do.

None of you even attempted to prove:
In judging a debate, the way you are, you have to actually read it.  Considering you said it was "TLDR," you didn't actually read what James, me, or Max wrote with any kind of seriousness or intellectual honesty.  Therefore, you are only resurrecting this thread for emotional reasons.
You kind sir can have the last word.

TLDR was just related to my grading of this debate, do not worry too much about it.

If you want to leave it as is, I guess this is up to you. But if you change your mind and decide to come back and at least attempt to prove below unjust to Catholic thinking transition, it would be a true act of Commutative Justice towards members of this forum.

Chris's main line of thinking seems to rely exclusively on this transition: "as a part to the whole -> the whole depends on parts or parts depend on the whole" TO "It is self-evident that for St. Thomas the whole (or the community) itself is greater in value".  The dependency is a completely different relationship than valuation, hence such a transformation is not just.

christulsa

Quote from: Heinrich on June 12, 2021, 08:42:55 AM
You are seriously back posting again?

Yes, I am seriously back to posting again, Heinrich. 

I care less about my reputation here, than in helping a potential convert to the Catholic Faith, or asking for a thread to be deleted that poses a very real threat to a woman's marriage and personal life, because of forum gossip.

Jayne

Chris, if you intend to resume posting I suggest you consider apologizing for your behaviour of the past and try to make a fresh start.  You haven't been gone long enough for people to have forgotten how you acted.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

christulsa

Quote from: Jayne on June 12, 2021, 03:50:36 PM
I suggest you consider apologizing for your behaviour.

Ugh huh, which behavior specifically do you think I need to apologize for, before I start re-posting, Jayne? 

Jayne

Quote from: christulsa on June 12, 2021, 04:01:43 PM

Ugh huh, which behavior specifically do you think I need to apologize for, before I start re-posting, Jayne?

I don't know if there is any point to you doing it if you can't figure it out for yourself.  Perhaps you should pray about it.

christulsa

Quote from: Jayne on June 12, 2021, 04:37:46 PM
Quote from: christulsa on June 12, 2021, 04:01:43 PM

I don't know if there is any point to you doing it if you can't figure it out for yourself.  Perhaps you should pray about it.

Thank you, Jayne.  Yes, I have prayed about it.  The only thing that comes to mind is saying I won't post again, and then posting again, for which I have already apologized to the forum today.

If you will not specify what I need to apologize for, in order to post here in this forum in good standing, then I suggest you report it to the moderator with specific rules I have broken, giving details. 

Jayne

If somebody else tells you, you'll just argue and make excuses.  You need to figure it out for yourself.  Otherwise you will just continue your endless cycle of going off in a huff, denouncing the forum, and coming back with no awareness of how you contribute to the forum's problems.

Try reading some of your old threads.  Know yourself.

edit to add:  Try thinking about the sorts of things that you accuse and criticize in others.  People tend to be especially sensitive to faults that they themselves have.  It's like the saying, "When you point your finger at someone, three fingers point back at yourself."

Jayne

You do not even need to look through old threads.  You can simply think about your behaviour yesterday.  You were bickering in threads, harassing in PMs and scolding on chat.  Not only did you see your behaviour as justified, you thought of yourself as "forced" to do these things.  You need to understand that you are one of the "toxic posters". (You received two temp-bans over the last 7 months and you were not even posting for much of that time.) Rather than call on KK to do something about "them", recognize that you can change your own behaviour.

(Since christulsa threatened to keep on sending me unwanted PMs if I did not meet his demands, I am posting to this thread he wanted me to stop posting to.  Everyone should know that my typical response to threats is to do the opposite. I like to establish that I cannot be controlled by threats.)

christulsa

christulsa

Why did Insanis suggest he is in fact Jayne in the SD chat?  KS was a witness.   Maybe he/she wasn't serious.

Kaesekopf

Locking as any further discussion per the title is not possible.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Insanis

What does this mean? Did you unlock this post?