The Church Courtyard > General Catholic Discussion

Church/Covid Vent Thread

(1/58) > >>

CF Mathews:
There's a lot I could say on this topic but let me start with what happened today.  We were taking a family walk and wound up passing a church we don't usually go to.  I thought it would be nice to go in and pray.  When I tried the door it was locked and Saturday eve Mass was going on.  I could see there was plenty of room in the church but still they locked the door.  I could also see someone at the podium in a mask.  I knelt in respect to the Blessed Sacrament inside, and left. 

It was a terrible feeling to be locked outside of a church.  I wondered if they are at all concerned about losing money.  They don't know how much money I might have dropped had I been allowed inside.  They don't know if I was coming to attend Mass.  Maybe that would have been the only Mass I could get to.  Maybe I was grieving and needed to pray.  I just don't get it...so we have arrived at the hour where we can be locked out of Holy Mass, if we are allowed to attend at all. 

I'm sure many of you have your own stories.

Greg:
My story is that I would not set foot inside any Novus Ordo Church unless a Tridentine Mass was being said.  And the odd wedding I am forced to go to.

I am not even confident the Blessed Sacrament is in the tabernacle 95% of the time. It makes no sense to me that so many priests could be working so many miracles and yet be so weak and cowardly when it comes time to stand up to abortionist politicians and pedophiles in their own ranks.

Innocent Smith:

--- Quote from: CF Mathews on October 03, 2020, 11:34:48 PM ---It was a terrible feeling to be locked outside of a church.  I wondered if they are at all concerned about losing money.  They don't know how much money I might have dropped had I been allowed inside.  They don't know if I was coming to attend Mass.
--- End quote ---

I'm pretty sure this organization has completely changed streams.  Revenue streams, that is.  Looks to me that the transformation to Super NGO is complete and the Fed is pumping and dumping on one end and money is going out to lawyers on the other to sue "miracle workers", i.e. priests, for sodomizing little boys. 

Glad they locked the doors.  Next step is to light the match.  Torch it.  I mean that is what organized criminals do when they run up all the credit and steal all the property and never paid for goods, now isn't it?  Looks to me that they are "Busting Out" the entire edifice.  Right before our very eyes. 

They don't need your measly $10 as the contributions of us peasents wouldn't be worth it.  In fact, it could be an expensive gift for them as you might have occasion to offer them an opinion or two. 

Prayerful:
At least I'm able to pray, and the PP does given Communion after Benediction. Communion outside of Mass was a custom, and there is a text for it in any missal. Nearest thing to Mass for now.

CF Mathews:

--- Quote from: Innocent Smith on October 04, 2020, 06:59:52 AM ---I'm pretty sure this organization has completely changed streams.  Revenue streams, that is.  Looks to me that the transformation to Super NGO is complete and the Fed is pumping and dumping on one end and money is going out to lawyers on the other to sue "miracle workers", i.e. priests, for sodomizing little boys. 

Glad they locked the doors.  Next step is to light the match.  Torch it.  I mean that is what organized criminals do when they run up all the credit and steal all the property and never paid for goods, now isn't it?  Looks to me that they are "Busting Out" the entire edifice.  Right before our very eyes. 

They don't need your measly $10 as the contributions of us peasents wouldn't be worth it.  In fact, it could be an expensive gift for them as you might have occasion to offer them an opinion or two.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I had the same thought, that it seems as if they are complicit in their own "demise."  As if this was the plan all along.  Do they think we are stupid?  Do they think we can't ask ourselves these obvious questions?  Or are they so completely terrified of covid that they are willing to eat canned beans from now on?  Or do they just want to be cozy with the "authorities?"  Good little boys?  As if anyone would even care what this out of the way, hole in the wall church did.  As if the bishop even knows this pastor's name.  Alternate revenue stream?  Very interesting.  I really have to wonder.  (BTW, it is a Novus Ordo church with a bad history, which we have gone to only rarely when traveling.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version