What's Worse? Women Or Transgenders In Sport?

Started by Innocent Smith, November 12, 2019, 02:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Innocent Smith

So the conservative Catholic media outlet Church Militant is concerned with young men born XY competing in girl's sport at the high school and college level. Why?

I think it's great that the trannies are wrecking this for women as women should not be competing in team sports that mimic what were  traditionally known as male or individual sports like wrestling that were once the exclusive domain of boys and men. Nor do I think it right that girls sometimes make it on to the boy's football teams. We've had a number of girls do that at our local high school over the years.

One of the biggest concerns by the Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) in the recent article at Church Militant is the following:

Quote"It will deny women and girls fair opportunities to compete in sports, to ascend to the winner's podium, and to receive critical scholarship."

Good I say. Women shouldn't be getting scholarships for competing in sports and neither should any male that is in a sport that doesn't produce revenue for the school. Why should normal students, you know the ones paying full price to receive an education, be subsidizing non-revenue producing sport? Tuition is high enough.

What happened to parents instructing young women in things like home economics? I would think most Catholics would value a girl being able to mend socks, sew a button, and cook than head a soccer ball into a goal. Wouldn't you?

Wouldn't it also make sense that girls imitating boys in sports activities were the original gender-benders? I say turnabout is fair play!

Girls should be supporting boys in sports by attending games and cheering for them. Then they may have a chance of becoming suitable wives one day rather than competing with their husbands in other areas and learning to provide nurturing environments in their future homes for their families.

What is also delicious about this "problem" is that it took women having the vote for these issues to come home to roost in the first place. To quote Cardinal Dolan one time talking about a football player who came out as a homosexual I say, "bravo!".

Either way, I think this topic should be of far greater concern to Traditional Catholics than women wearing pants.

Don't you?

Here is a link to the article.

POLL: AMERICANS OPPOSE TRANSGENDERS IN SPORTS

But the conservative Catholic media outlet Church Militant thinks transgenders are stealing from women. I don't think they thought this one through too well. Do you?
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Kreuzritter

What's worse than either is the millions of men glued to their television set in a homoerotic act of athletic onanism.

lauermar

I support everything Smith is saying. And I'll take it a step further. I oppose high risk combat missions (military and police) for healthy women of childbearing age. The majority are sexually active, not practicing chastity. So they must contracept, and if they don't they may be unaware they are putting a 1st trimester child in danger. They have a moral responsibility to protect the life within. I also oppose women sterilizing themselves for a career. Instead, they can do supportive jobs that don't put themselves directly in harm's way.

The only thing I'd disagree with is that I see value in traditional women only sports teams like volleyball,  basketball,  gymnastics and the like. It's fun, competition and teammanship are good things, and it's healthy. I oppose women in heavy contact sports for the reasons I  mentioned above.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

awkwardcustomer

Transgender Activists v Feminist Activists is shaping up to be an excellent spectator sport. 

Trannies v wimmin - what could be more entertaining?  Let the games begin.

It will certainly be more fun to watch than a bunch of athletes running around a track, or chasing around after a ball, or swimming up and down in a pool of water. 

What is sport for?  It sport even Catholic?  Or is it Pagan?

Isn't sport, whether for men or women, simply a way of absorbing and exhausting energy that would otherwise be spent in the kind of physical labour that comes with chopping firewood, hunting animals, making things and fixing them, the kind of activities that no-one in an industrial/technological society is obliged to engage in?

Wrestling, boxing, running, lifting weights are also very useful ways of training men to become better soldiers and defenders.  But this is sport as a means to an end, not an end in itself which modern sport has become.

Who cares who can run fastest if that ability is not put to any practical use at all other than demonstrating the prowess of the athlete?
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

coffeeandcigarette

Quote from: Innocent Smith on November 12, 2019, 02:41:41 AM
So the conservative Catholic media outlet Church Militant is concerned with young men born XY competing in girl's sport at the high school and college level. Why?

I think it's great that the trannies are wrecking this for women as women should not be competing in team sports that mimic what were  traditionally known as male or individual sports like wrestling that were once the exclusive domain of boys and men. Nor do I think it right that girls sometimes make it on to the boy's football teams. We've had a number of girls do that at our local high school over the years.

One of the biggest concerns by the Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) in the recent article at Church Militant is the following:

Quote"It will deny women and girls fair opportunities to compete in sports, to ascend to the winner's podium, and to receive critical scholarship."

Good I say. Women shouldn't be getting scholarships for competing in sports and neither should any male that is in a sport that doesn't produce revenue for the school. Why should normal students, you know the ones paying full price to receive an education, be subsidizing non-revenue producing sport? Tuition is high enough.

What happened to parents instructing young women in things like home economics? I would think most Catholics would value a girl being able to mend socks, sew a button, and cook than head a soccer ball into a goal. Wouldn't you?

Wouldn't it also make sense that girls imitating boys in sports activities were the original gender-benders? I say turnabout is fair play!

Girls should be supporting boys in sports by attending games and cheering for them. Then they may have a chance of becoming suitable wives one day rather than competing with their husbands in other areas and learning to provide nurturing environments in their future homes for their families.

What is also delicious about this "problem" is that it took women having the vote for these issues to come home to roost in the first place. To quote Cardinal Dolan one time talking about a football player who came out as a homosexual I say, "bravo!".

Either way, I think this topic should be of far greater concern to Traditional Catholics than women wearing pants.

Don't you?

But the conservative Catholic media outlet Church Militant thinks transgenders are stealing from women. I don't think they thought this one through too well. Do you?

First bold segment. According to this logic men should only be taught how to make a wage, build a house, and raise animals..whatever. Playing sports was a male occupation because it was developed and encouraged as an actual study of war. It was study for their job. Grown boys and men running around playing sports now is purely recreational, so do not equate a girl preparing for a vocation to boys playing games.

Second bold point. Absolutely NOT.This is a big problem for a few reasons. One, there is a modesty concern. Two, if it is not intellectually appropriate for a women to play sports because wanting to win will make her masculine and ruin her gentle nature ( I am paraphrasing from previous threads on this topic) than how can it be intellectually appropriate to want to see a win, want to see the other team defeated, etc. Oh...is it because she is cheering on boys, and making them feel good about themselves...? Got it...
This is also a problem for family life. You get junior playing sports, he goes to practice a few nights a week, special gear, blah blah, and then the whole family and of course the girls, come to cheer and watch and praise. What female equivalent is there for the girls in the family? When is the whole family going to sit and cheer for the daughter weekend after weekend. Not only does this imbalance nurture sibling resentment, (brother is a boy therefor he gets to do fun stuff and mom and dad cheer him on and act like he is amazing...I get to do nothing and nobody cheers for me ever) but it builds up sports and athletics as a goal to which young trad boys should aspire. Do we want that? Do you want our boys aiming to be NFL players or what have you?

The Curt Jester

I find sports good when they are used means of instilling discipline and teamwork.  Unfortunately, that is no longer the focus for most, it seems.  The number of days a week that these kids (and their parents) are engaged in sports activities, it is insane.  They do it to the detriment of their own family time, actual work, and studies.  We definitely have a sports-first mentality.   

At my school:

1. A child missed mandatory school events because his coach told him that sports were more important that school.  Apparently his parents agreed.

2. A child missed mandatory events because the daughter has figure skating five nights a week and the parents said that the sports were too expensive to miss out on.

3. A child told me that he didn't try in school because he expected to become a professional sports player.  I told him his chances were about one in a million and that if he did make it, the average time in sports is around four years so he better have a backup plan.

4. Many other children have said the same thing: pro sports player, although I've only had the one use it as an excuse for poor effort.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

queen.saints

Quote from: coffeeandcigarette on November 12, 2019, 07:43:41 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on November 12, 2019, 02:41:41 AM

Don't you?

First bold segment. According to this logic men should only be taught how to make a wage, build a house, and raise animals..whatever. Playing sports was a male occupation because it was developed and encouraged as an actual study of war. It was study for their job. Grown boys and men running around playing sports now is purely recreational, so do not equate a girl preparing for a vocation to boys playing games.

Studies show that even simple activities like lifting heavy objects boost testosterone enormously. When boys engage in masculine activities like sports and thus become more masculine themselves, they are absolutely preparing for their vocation which will necessarily be masculine as well.

Second bold point. Absolutely NOT.This is a big problem for a few reasons. One, there is a modesty concern. Two, if it is not intellectually appropriate for a women to play sports because wanting to win will make her masculine and ruin her gentle nature ( I am paraphrasing from previous threads on this topic) than how can it be intellectually appropriate to want to see a win, want to see the other team defeated, etc. Oh...is it because she is cheering on boys, and making them feel good about themselves...? Got it...
This is also a problem for family life. You get junior playing sports, he goes to practice a few nights a week, special gear, blah blah, and then the whole family and of course the girls, come to cheer and watch and praise. What female equivalent is there for the girls in the family? When is the whole family going to sit and cheer for the daughter weekend after weekend. Not only does this imbalance nurture sibling resentment, (brother is a boy therefor he gets to do fun stuff and mom and dad cheer him on and act like he is amazing...I get to do nothing and nobody cheers for me ever) but it builds up sports and athletics as a goal to which young trad boys should aspire. Do we want that? Do you want our boys aiming to be NFL players or what have you?

"Making boys feel good about themselves." Yes, exactly. This is one of the many benefits of boys playing sports. Brothers being cheered on by their sisters, far from nurturing resentment, nurtures familial affection. What nurtures resentment is the attitude that there needs to be an "equivalent" supplied for every good enjoyed by one sibling that cannot be enjoyed by another, rather than an attitude of being happy for others.

One of the SSPX seminarians in Virginia at the moment was an all-Ireland hurling champion before he joined the seminary, another was a high school state football champion. There's a former Manchester United professional soccer player who's now a priest and trying to revive the traditional Dominican-rite in the Indult. Athletics were a perfectly healthy aspiration for these men that lead them to even higher aspirations.
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

diaduit

Transgender Activists v Feminist Activists is shaping up to be an excellent spectator sport. 

Trannies v wimmin - what could be more entertaining?  Let the games begin.

I cannot abide sport (eh and the noise of spectators cheering in a soccer match) but I would buy ringside seats for that  :cheeseheadbeer:

Yaniv v's Hillary bawahaaaaaaaa

Maximilian

Quote from: lauermar on November 12, 2019, 04:20:05 AM

I oppose high risk combat missions (military and police) for healthy women of childbearing age.

Any women at all in the military or police forces is a sure sign that one's civilization has reached a terminal stage of decay.

drummerboy

If women could participate in duels in the high point of Catholic civilization, the "middle ages," (thereby implying they had legal rights unlike later Prot societies), why on earth can't women participate in sports now.  Most of this "women can't do this_____" talk comes from Prots reading their Bibles a bit too literally, and is very un-Catholic.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Maximilian

Quote from: lauermar on November 12, 2019, 04:20:05 AM

I see value in traditional women only sports teams like volleyball,  basketball,  gymnastics and the like. It's fun, competition and teammanship are good things, and it's healthy.

1. Not actually "traditional."
2. Violent, contact sports.
3. Competition is not "healthy" for girls.
    a. It makes them unfit to be wives and mothers.
    b. It messes with their hormones. Competition spurs testosterone.
4. "Teammanship" is a masculine thing that spurs testosterone. It's not natural for girls.

Maximilian

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on November 12, 2019, 06:26:36 AM

Who cares who can run fastest if that ability is not put to any practical use at all other than demonstrating the prowess of the athlete?

Well, the ancient Greeks for one.
St. Paul for another.
And all people since then.

Maximilian

Playing sports was a male occupation because it was developed and encouraged as an actual study of war. It was study for their job. Grown boys and men running around playing sports now is purely recreational, so do not equate a girl preparing for a vocation to boys playing games.

Historical falsehood. The Greeks cared more about winning the Olympics than they did about winning wars.

Even as late as St. Augustine around the year 400 AD, he still used the Greek dating system of counting years by the Olympiads. So this was their foundational belief, just like we date our years from the birth of Christ.

Oh...is it because she is cheering on boys, and making them feel good about themselves...? Got it...

Sarcasm is not an argument. Women are created by God to be helpmates to men. Girls who are cheering for boys and "making them feel good about themselves" are preparing themselves for their life's vocation.

Maximilian

Quote from: The Curt Jester on November 12, 2019, 08:21:21 AM

1. A child missed mandatory school events because his coach told him that sports were more important that school.  Apparently his parents agreed.

So did the ancient Greeks. We get our word "Gymnasium" from the Greek word for school, and it's current usage accurately reflects that the Greeks placed physical education ahead of academics.

Quote from: The Curt Jester on November 12, 2019, 08:21:21 AM

3. A child told me that he didn't try in school because he expected to become a professional sports player.  I told him his chances were about one in a million and that if he did make it, the average time in sports is around four years so he better have a backup plan.

a. Your math is all wrong. The odds are much better than one in a million.
  b. You are discouraging your student from having youthful big dreams by dumping false old-man rationalizations on him.
  c. Only those who try will make it.

Maximilian

it builds up sports and athletics as a goal to which young trad boys should aspire. Do we want that? Do you want our boys aiming to be NFL players or what have you?

Yes, absolutely. We will never get out of our current pit of despair without warriors. Why should traditional Catholic boys be wimps? Why shouldn't they be strong, masculine leaders?

I just posted a link yesterday to an article about Philip Rivers, the quarterback for the San Diego Chargers (currently leading the NFL in passing yards). We need more traditional Catholic young men like Philip Rivers.

https://aleteia.org/2019/04/02/quarterback-and-devoted-dad-philip-rivers-welcomes-ninth-child/

Quarterback and devoted dad Philip Rivers welcomes ninth child

The footballer and devout Catholic shares his secret to a successful career and family life.

Los Angeles Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers and his wife Tiffany recently welcomed their ninth child into the family. The sweet announcement came from Rivers' team last Tuesday, who posted on Twitter the iconic clip from The Lion King where Simba the cub is raised into the air in front of all the other animals, with a simple message: "SHE'S HERE, welcome to the world Anna Rivers."

The high school sweethearts who married back in 2001 now have seven daughters and two sons: Halle, 16; Caroline, 13; Grace, 12; Gunner, 10; Sarah, 8; Peter, 7; Rebecca, 5; Clare, 3, and newborn Anna. While the pro-player makes a 90-mile commute each day from his home in San Diego to his team in Los Angeles, he still makes sure he has plenty of time for his family.

In fact, an interview with the family that is available on the club's website, Chargers.com, gives a little insight as to how the devout Catholic manages to prioritize his family while being a star on the field. His eldest child Halle shares: "He's so selfless. He's an NFL quarterback; he's doing a million different things every day, but every day he comes home, and he wants to be with us. If he has one extra minute that he could do something else, he'll be with us."

His son Gunner echoes this sentiment: "Whenever he's home, he plays with us and he's with us all the time ... we like to throw the football in the yard. We like to putt on the putting green, watch football and do things like that." Philips himself explains that mealtimes are paramount in maintaining a healthy family life, with mid-week meals an absolute must — other days are trickier with his playing schedule.

After 18 years of marriage, Rivers' wife Tiffany still seems to be his number one fan, admiring his approach to family life and the way he always puts others first. If you read the whole interview you'll see how the successful quarterback has nothing but praise for his wife, putting the success of their marriage and his career down to the fact that they're best friends and that she is a huge source of support in all areas of his life.

At 37 years old — the upper range for football players — Philip Rivers will not be playing in the NFL for many more seasons, but it's seems likely that he'll continue to be a great role model for his children and fans alike for years to come.