Upgrading forum ...

Started by Kaesekopf, February 06, 2020, 10:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

I'm going to do an upgrade to the forum in about 5-15 minutes.  Shouldn't break anything.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Kaesekopf

Upgrade seems successful.

You'll have to log back in

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Kaesekopf

:lol:

I finally got the greeting to work again!

:lol:

Pray for your admin and mods!

Fleur-de-Lys

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

OmniaInstaurareInChristo

I am not sure if this is related to the upgrade, but is anyone else unable to log onto the forum through Tapatalk?

Jacob

Quote from: OmniaInstaurareInChristo on February 07, 2020, 04:59:03 PM
I am not sure if this is related to the upgrade, but is anyone else unable to log onto the forum through Tapatalk?

Were you able to before?  I seem to recall that the forum code is too old for things like that.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

OmniaInstaurareInChristo

I was able to before. If you check my recent rule/martyrology posts, you will see that several were posted using Tapatalk on my phone.

Non Nobis

Quote from: OmniaInstaurareInChristo on February 07, 2020, 04:59:03 PM

In the past I used Tapatalk only occasionally, not to post but just to read posts.  I was still logged in OK when I read your post; but then I tried logging out, and logging in again, and I get the server error "undefined function get_auth_secret".   Is this what you are getting?  The password I was trying was the one I always use and it worked fine elsewhere.

I basically NEVER posted from Tapatalk so not even being able to "quick reply" is no loss to me personally but it is too bad.

But it is a real problem - see next post for Kaesekopf!
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Non Nobis

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Kaesekopf

I am currently looking into the Tapatalk issue.

Kaesekopf

I installed the (very updated) plugin and it should be working properly now.  Please advise if it is not.

Lynne

It works for me! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

OmniaInstaurareInChristo

Works for me. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaesekopf