Gratitude thread

Started by Chestertonian, November 21, 2018, 11:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardener

I'm highly thankful for coffee right now.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Miriam_M

Me, too, Gardener.  (Enjoying my carefully, "primitively" brewed, pour-over coffee.)
:coffee:

Gardener

I'm doing cold brewed Kona blend (coarse grind). Brewing via: https://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Genie-Cold-Brew-Maker/dp/B07FTNXVKM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1547268431&sr=8-2&keywords=coffee+genie

With heavy whipping cream, it tastes like chocolate milk. Much better than hot brewed as it's less harsh.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Chestertonian

thankful for watching my 8 year old play piano with the 2 year old on his lap the way I used to do it with said 8 year old when he was little.    Also thankful that said 2 year old is more cooperative lately and is having fewer meltdowns I think having his mama home and healthy is making things less chaotic he has more of a predictable routine
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

syllabus.errorum

God's inexplicable mercy and goodness
The Eucharist
Confession
My wife
My son
The child currently growing in my wife's womb

...though all of this is arguably included in "God's inexplicable mercy and goodness"

edit - typo

Non Nobis

Thankful for hearing what Chestertonian is thankful for!
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

MilesChristi

I got some steady work starting this Thursday!
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Bonaventure

My wife. My son. My dogs. My health. Our home. My job. The sacraments.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."