Glory to Jesus Christ!

Started by uniatugcc, November 04, 2022, 08:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uniatugcc

I apologize for my english...

Just as there is a misunderstanding among the supporters of the Society of St. Pius X, there is a similar situation among the supporters of the Society of St. Josaphat.

In the Eastern rite, no musical accompaniment is used during Divine services. And the Superior of our Society allowed himself the Holy Liturgy accompanied by a brass band. Many people were offended by this and left the churches of the Society. But this is only one of the episodes of the Abbot's strange behavior.

The leaders of the Society of St. Pius X, unfortunately, do not delve into these subtleties.

Malachi123

Ugh huh.  At least they don't take advantage of the war to scam people here, Troll.

diaduit

Quote from: uniatugcc on November 08, 2022, 01:42:32 PM
I apologize for my english...

Just as there is a misunderstanding among the supporters of the Society of St. Pius X, there is a similar situation among the supporters of the Society of St. Josaphat.

In the Eastern rite, no musical accompaniment is used during Divine services. And the Superior of our Society allowed himself the Holy Liturgy accompanied by a brass band. Many people were offended by this and left the churches of the Society. But this is only one of the episodes of the Abbot's strange behavior.

The leaders of the Society of St. Pius X, unfortunately, do not delve into these subtleties.

You're keeping it going because you got a bite with Xavier.  STOP

drummerboy

Where is our absent landlord, KK?
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

uniatugcc

Quote from: Malachi123 on November 08, 2022, 12:21:53 PM
Quote from: uniatugcc on November 08, 2022, 12:20:00 PM
Quote from: Malachi123 on November 04, 2022, 08:10:12 PM
Have $ sent to you through Fr Bogdan, SSJ in western Ukraine.  Google US SSPX website interview of him, he gives their bank account.  He's distributing $.  Proves you're not likely a scammer. Then rely on their traditionalist Society for Mass, sacraments. SSPX bishops do visit there.  What do you say???

Can I have a specific link to this interview?

No.  Look it up yourself, scammer.

I apologize for my English

I read, with help Google Translate, the interview you mentioned three times and came to a different conclusion: here, for the most part, they also talk about war and help.
Christians prove that they are Christians by helping each other, especially those in need. And do not lash out with insults at those who have slightly different views on the course of events.

I will pray that my opponents from this forum do not feel the fear with which we go to bed every night in Ukraine.

I do not demand anything from anyone, I only ask, I myself do not reach into anyone's pocket like a thief.
Whoever wants to will help, whoever has different views should not help, but let them keep their emotions to themselves. A Catholic forum, especially a traditional one, is not a place for mutual resentment and hasty conclusions.

Xavier

Hi UniateUGCC. I don't necessarily agree with those who consider you a scammer; but, that said, it would be helpful if you provided us with some verifiable details. E.G. A Name, a Photo, a LinkedIn profile etc, so we could make sure you really are a Catholic in Ukraine etc.

God Bless.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Markus

Quote from: Heinrich on November 04, 2022, 05:01:37 PM
I am sure the relief agencies are handing out stuffed envelopes.

You know that isn't true, so why say it?

diaduit

Quote from: Markus on November 09, 2022, 07:21:19 PM

It is true and probably after raping a few local children too.

Heinrich

Hyperbole. I'm a failed sports writer.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

uniatugcc

Quote from: Heinrich on November 10, 2022, 09:31:55 AM

This line is more like sarcasm and a mockery of our Ukrainian tragedy...  :'(

Melkor

Quote from: uniatugcc on November 10, 2022, 03:27:48 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on November 10, 2022, 09:31:55 AM

This line is more like sarcasm and a mockery of our Ukrainian tragedy...  :'(

You'll find most people here sympathetic to Russia and not Ukraine, except Xavier.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Instaurare omnia

Quote from: uniatugcc on November 09, 2022, 04:15:02 PM
I do not demand anything from anyone, I only ask, I myself do not reach into anyone's pocket like a thief.
Whoever wants to will help, whoever has different views should not help, but let them keep their emotions to themselves. A Catholic forum, especially a traditional one, is not a place for mutual resentment and hasty conclusions.

It is indeed a traditional Catholic forum, and the context of what we are dealing with in the USA includes a very corrupt liberal-modernist government headed by someone whose son has likely committed financial and other crimes connected to the present power structure in Ukraine. Beyond that is the moral decay (to our view) in Ukraine recently enabled by Zelensky, the many $ billions that the US government has already sent that cannot be accounted for (both to the Zelensky regime and to international NGOs), and the deteriorating economic conditions here too.

Certainly, we Americans are not under bombardment or forced to leave our homes. Certainly, Catholics should pray for people who are suffering for reasons not due to their own actions. But please understand that, as members of an internet forum that is viewable by anyone on earth, we have no way of knowing what sort of intentions anyone who appears here for the first time truly has.
Nisi Dominus custodierit civitatem, frustra vigilat qui custodit eam (Psalm 126:2).
Benedicite, montes et colles, Domino: benedicite universa germinantia in terra, Domino (Daniel 3:75-76).
Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation (Psalm 145:2-3).

drummerboy

Well said.  I might add, for whoever you actually are, asking for money on your first post is a really bad way to introduce yourself and a really good way to appear as a scammer.  Just some tips for communicating in English

drummerboy

https://chaliceofmercy.org/

If you are who you say you are, perhaps this group can help in some way.  It was started by a Ukrainian woman who moved here to WI as a child, it's legitimate.