Good Bakken Vids

Started by james03, August 24, 2013, 06:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Quote from: Bonaventure on September 10, 2013, 12:19:33 AM
Hey Matt,

Welcome to the forum. I know some guys working out there, and have given it some thought myself.

If there was one piece of advice you could part to someone, what would it be?

I thought you worked in the financial district in S.F.? Berkshire Hathaway?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Bonaventure

Quote from: Heinrich on September 10, 2013, 04:53:04 PM
Quote from: Bonaventure on September 10, 2013, 12:19:33 AM
Hey Matt,

Welcome to the forum. I know some guys working out there, and have given it some thought myself.

If there was one piece of advice you could part to someone, what would it be?

I thought you worked in the financial district in S.F.? Berkshire Hathaway?

I made the third round of the hiring process then struck out.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

xADDxDaDealer

Hard to give one piece of advice, so I will name a few that I find important:

1. Leave the family at home... Don't bring out the wife, kids, girlfriend or at least not to live. This just isn't the place you want them to be, lots of drinking,  lots of men with no women, and all kinds of people.

2. Try to line up a job before coming out here.

3. find somewhere to live or at least stay till you figure things out.

4. Don't believe the lies. If it sounds to good to be true, it is. you can make good money out here, but its long hours, hard work, and far away from your family... If you cant handle that then this is not the life for you

I'm a single guy... No wife, kids, pets, house, bills. So this was easy for me, this wont be the case for most of you.

5. If nothing else just use this place to get caught up, you can work for a few months then quit and go home. You will make around $15,000+ in those 3 months with no time to spend it. (this is not including any cost of living, just your base take home on what I would consider a average)

Sorry for the delays on replies guys, I work a lot.... did 13.5 hours today, have to sleep then do 12+ again tonight.

Hope I am helping,
Matt
Don't ask me a question, If your not ready for the answer....

james03

Left out something.  Make sure you have your cold weather gear squared away.  Don't kid yourself, it is freaking cold.

Also, it would be great for Trads to team up.  Then you could share an apartment and cut down on the rent.  I know that Tioga and Stanley both have apartment complexes.  Good location too for North of the River.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"