Word document deleted itself when saving

Started by Apollonia, June 09, 2014, 12:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akavit

Now that you have the file, start keeping proper backups.  For the most important work, I'll often save as a new version for each new day.  Drive space is cheap and Word documents take very little room.

You'll want to store copies on a separate drive and/or online backup to protect against drive failures, fires, etc.

Kaesekopf

Dropbox is good for backups.

USB flash drives are dirt cheap. 

Make backups often. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lynne

Quote from: Kaesekopf on June 10, 2014, 01:16:43 PM

Make backups often.

I like BackBlaze which backs up to the cloud, automatically (which means I don't need to remember to do it)  :)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: Kaesekopf on June 10, 2014, 01:16:43 PM

Make backups often.

Also, ingratiate yourself with the NSA. I'm sure they have a record of your every keystroke and would be more than happy to do you a solid in the future.  ;D
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--