Ignatius press

Started by Traditionallyruralmom, October 03, 2018, 01:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traditionallyruralmom

anyone else dislike shopping here because they carry Von Balthasar?  But they have some good books, for instance, "To Raise the Fallen" about a military Chaplin from WW1.  Just cant decide if I should wait a year or 2 until I can get it used on Amazon, rather than giving Ignatius my $$$$
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Michael Wilson

That has always been my opinion. I.P. Is basically N.O. Conservative-Modernists; Fr. Fessio is a big fan of H.U.V.B. I don't trust buying books from their list. 
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Miriam_M

Philip G.

I read a book by them on the history of the catholic church, and it was pretty good.  When it got to V2 one can argue against it, but even regarding V2 it was tolerable all things considered. 

If I wanted to read a book and I.P. was the only place to purchase it, I wouldn't think twice.  I would purchase it. 
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Traditionallyruralmom

Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Jacob

The thing about IP that gives me pause is it publishes Schonborn.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Kaesekopf

If they offer texts that are worthwhile, purchase them.  If not, don't.  If there are other publishing houses with those texts, support them instead. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.