Finally finished this wooden rosary

Started by Hannelore, September 16, 2023, 02:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannelore

https://imgur.com/Tb1k49m

Finally found a crucifix big enough for this wooden rosary that I've had unfinished for years. Came up with the idea of stringing it on 1/2" bias tape. I'm very pleased with how it turned out.
My Lord and my God.

Michael Wilson

"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Lynne

Quote from: Bernadette on September 16, 2023, 02:13:29 PMhttps://imgur.com/Tb1k49m

Finally found a crucifix big enough for this wooden rosary that I've had unfinished for years. Came up with the idea of stringing it on 1/2" bias tape. I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

Lovely!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

james03

I have no idea what "bias tape" is, however it looks nice.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Hannelore

Quote from: james03 on September 18, 2023, 09:32:09 AMI have no idea what "bias tape" is, however it looks nice.
Lol I'm not surprised; it's strips of pre-folded fabric used for sewing. I use it to attach antique china doll heads to their bodies. :)
My Lord and my God.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"