Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom Passerini

a sparrow all alone on the housetop

Chestertonian

Quote from: Rose on September 05, 2014, 02:27:39 AM
Quote from: Chestertonian on September 05, 2014, 12:52:41 AM
Quote from: Rose on September 04, 2014, 01:51:06 PM
Show of Hands, the Best Of album. Anyone else heard of them? They're English modern folk, not manglewurzzle types.
waht i s a a anglewzuzzle

It's a bit like a turnip, used to feed livestock, and a sort of tongue in cheek byword for "country bumpkin". Some English folk music is very consciously uber-rural, nothing wrong with that of course,  but it doesn't make the music that great.

I love SOH, but can't vouch for all their songs or music videos  :) they sometimes have some immodesty in the vids as a warning. Steve Knightly, the lead singer, also has a solo career-in fact i think they both do-and his stuff is pretty good too.

Thanks for posting the vids, Maximillian!

are they a Mumford band?

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Rose

Quote from: Chestertonian on September 05, 2014, 07:33:50 PM
Quote from: Rose on September 05, 2014, 02:27:39 AM
Quote from: Chestertonian on September 05, 2014, 12:52:41 AM
Quote from: Rose on September 04, 2014, 01:51:06 PM
Show of Hands, the Best Of album. Anyone else heard of them? They're English modern folk, not manglewurzzle types.
waht i s a a anglewzuzzle

It's a bit like a turnip, used to feed livestock, and a sort of tongue in cheek byword for "country bumpkin". Some English folk music is very consciously uber-rural, nothing wrong with that of course,  but it doesn't make the music that great.

I love SOH, but can't vouch for all their songs or music videos  :) they sometimes have some immodesty in the vids as a warning. Steve Knightly, the lead singer, also has a solo career-in fact i think they both do-and his stuff is pretty good too.

Thanks for posting the vids, Maximillian!

are they a Mumford band?

:laugh:
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

LouisIX

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Angelorum

"All men naturally desire to know, but what does knowledge avail without the fear of God? Indeed an humble peasant, that serves God, is better than a proud philosopher, who neglecting himself, considers the course of the heavens." - Thomas à Kempis, Imitation of Christ

erin is nice

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

J. Austin

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

zork

Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

J. Austin

Quote from: Dom Passerini on September 05, 2014, 04:59:29 PM
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCSEEvEm3uc[/yt]

Something good for this thread which has just turned 100.

Biber's upped his game, that was a lot better than his last single!

(Profuse apologies if anyone has already succumbed to the irresistible temptation of such a crappy joke).  :D

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

tmw89

Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

J. Austin

I just had that in my head, tmw!  You're, like, readin' my mind maaaan