Yer Weather

Started by Heinrich, January 22, 2019, 10:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Unless you are in the far SW, it appears that most of the US is suffering from chilly, cold, biting ass freezing along with the complementary rain, ice, and snow. Here in southeast central Colorado, aka El Paso County, we have a blizzard from Monument Peak(where I work) to the centre of Colorado Springs. Temp is holding at a crisp 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Seems the whole town is shut down. Even my sister in Tampa St. Pete is getting all refrigerator: 47 degrees overnight. How are things where you are?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gardener

Came in early (got in at 0500) with the intention to leave early. Instead the dang base shut down and I'm stuck here until my relief arrives -- which he can't, since the base is shut down. So who knows, I might be leaving at 1500, or might be leaving sometime tomorrow morning.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Josephine87

A balmy 68 in Houston but it has been relatively very cold the last few days. My windshield was frozen yesterday morning! Very unusual for here. Stay warm my Yankee friends.
"Begin again." -St. Teresa of Avila

"My present trial seems to me a somewhat painful one, and I have the humiliation of knowing how badly I bore it at first. I now want to accept and to carry this little cross joyfully, to carry it silently, with a smile in my heart and on my lips, in union with the Cross of Christ. My God, blessed be Thou; accept from me each day the embarrassment, inconvenience, and pain this misery causes me. May it become a prayer and an act of reparation." -Elisabeth Leseur

Fleur-de-Lys

Even here in the far Southwest our temperatures are approaching freezing at night. But they rise with the sun. It's in the low 40's now, supposed to get into the 50's later in the day.

Heinrich

Quote from: Gardener on January 22, 2019, 11:10:43 AM
Came in early (got in at 0500) with the intention to leave early. Instead the dang base shut down and I'm stuck here until my relief arrives -- which he can't, since the base is shut down. So who knows, I might be leaving at 1500, or might be leaving sometime tomorrow morning.

Daaang. You should order a pizza.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

mikemac

It was -25 celsius (-13 f) this morning here in southern Ontario.  It's up to -9 celsius (15.8 f) now, and it's suppose to go to 2 celsius (35.6 f) tomorrow.  Strange weather.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

maryslittlegarden

Cold and snowy.  Minus 7 for the high today and tomorrow.  Minus 19 for the low.  Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Michael Wilson

Freezing rain and then snow here in St. Mary's yesterday; today we have clear skies, with temperatures temperatures in the low twenties to low thirties. Not bad as Winter weather goes; but waaay to cold for this Southern boy.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

The Curt Jester

Supposed to hit -16 Friday night.  We got about five inches of snow over night (to add to the seven or so we got Friday night.  It was a snow day today.  Hoping for another one tomorrow.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

red solo cup

Either side of zero F for the last two weeks. Had 14 inches on Sunday. Freezing rain tonight.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Non Nobis

I'm in the SW, lucky me. 64 degrees at 3PM - and it is warming up into the 70s this weekend.  I do talk to my sister in PA everyday, so have some idea of what some of you are going through (not the same as being there). 
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Heinrich

The Curt Jester

The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

martin88nyc

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on January 28, 2019, 11:37:18 AM
Not here... .
It was really frigid last week but today sunny, 29 F
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33