TLM Shutdown

Started by Heinrich, January 19, 2024, 05:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Some may have seen this in Trad, inc. media. Some falsehoods out there. Anthony Stine and Mason Dixon TLM Society are issuing retractions and apologies. I have not watched all of this, but K Hall is certainly at bro status from my POV. There is an 80 minute* advert at the beginning.

https://youtu.be/aXdauFEg0uA?si=krgKNYiT5ze4_3uQ

*/sarc
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

diaduit

14.52 ...Bingo, I never understand the hand ringing over this to be honest.

james03

Good video.  His main point: The Novus Ordo is not the Roman rite.  I'd say it is not the Latin rite.

So here's a thought experiment.  Ignore all problems with the NO Mass.  Ignore the problem of Bergoglio (and for paleo-sedes, the other popes).  Ignore all of that.  A Pope with a good heart comes in and wants to fix things.  What is an obvious solution?  Simply tell the truth.

You'd say, the Novus Ordo is a new (Novus) rite.  We are banishing the gay argument about "the new form" and "the old form".  That's gay.  Instead we will recognize the truth: the novus ordo is a new rite.

Therefore we, by our papal authority and care for our flock declare that the novus ordo and the Traditional Latin Rite are two separate rites.  Therefore both will have their own bishops with separate jurisdiction, irrespective of any geological overlap."

What would happen is that the TLM would explode in size and the Novus Ordo would die.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Jmartyr

Quote from: james03 on January 20, 2024, 11:46:23 AMGood video.  His main point: The Novus Ordo is not the Roman rite.  I'd say it is not the Latin rite.

So here's a thought experiment.  Ignore all problems with the NO Mass.  Ignore the problem of Bergoglio (and for paleo-sedes, the other popes).  Ignore all of that.  A Pope with a good heart comes in and wants to fix things.  What is an obvious solution?  Simply tell the truth.

You'd say, the Novus Ordo is a new (Novus) rite.  We are banishing the gay argument about "the new form" and "the old form".  That's gay.  Instead we will recognize the truth: the novus ordo is a new rite.

Therefore we, by our papal authority and care for our flock declare that the novus ordo and the Traditional Latin Rite are two separate rites.  Therefore both will have their own bishops with separate jurisdiction, irrespective of any geological overlap."

What would happen is that the TLM would explode in size and the Novus Ordo would die.
Maybe after all the baby boomers die off.
"If anyone is excommunicated it is not I, but the excommunicators." - Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
" A false church cannot have a true mission." - St. Francis De Sales
" The way is open for us to deprive councils of their authority, contradict their acts freely, and profess confidently, whatever SEEMS to be true. " - Martin Luther

Mushroom

His arguments against the NO helped me to leave.

Heinrich

Need to add that this is my parish.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Lynne

Quote from: Heinrich on January 20, 2024, 07:59:18 PMNeed to add that this is my parish.

I'm sorry for your loss.  :pray3:
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Michael Wilson

A friend of mine in Cincinnati told me that the bishop while taking away their faculties to administer the sacraments to the faithful; still allowed them to do so to the members of their institute; if they have the guts, they should make all the faithful who attend their chapel, members of their institute, and that would allow them to continue until the next round of sanctions. However at a certain point they are going to have to go the route of the SSPX, if they want to keep the TLM and the faith.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Mirantus

With each passing year, Abp Lefebvre is vindicated more and more for the actions he took.

drummerboy

Around 14 minutes: the ol' "its still a Mass!" argument.  Never understood that one.  Just saying  it implies there's something wrong with it.

I think most of us have gotten this treatment from family who just don't understand WHY we refuse to attend the NO.  It's nice to hear it finally broken and explained. 
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

james03

Quote from: Heinrich on January 20, 2024, 07:59:18 PMNeed to add that this is my parish.

More sin heaped on the head of Cardinal Burke.  More good Catholics suffering because he won't act.  And he knows this is wrong.  He recently called out Bergoglio asking him to clarify his stance on sodomites.  The response?  The letter that makes the blessing of sodomy a formal part of new church, basically giving Burke the middle finger.  Are we going to get another serious sounding letter from Burke, as Catholics continue to be scandalized, deprived of sacraments, and insulted?
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

LausTibiChriste

None of them have any balls. Vigano, Schneider, Burke, et al. they just talk and talk and talk.

Vigano talks tough while he hides in his enclave doing sweet F all of substance.

We don't need more talking - we know how shitty the situation is.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

james03

I'm holding out for Vigano.  He says Bergolio is not the Pope and that the Askanazis are running things.  Hopefully he's working to get an imperfect Council together.

Hope dies last.

awkward customer

What will an imperfect Council achieve when there are no Catholics left in the Vatican? 

james03

Quote from: awkward customer on January 22, 2024, 05:01:42 PMWhat will an imperfect Council achieve when there are no Catholics left in the Vatican? 

Scandal will be ended for a lot of Catholics.  Many will confidently say that Bergoglio is not the Pope.  This will also help in talking with potential converts.  Furthermore in the secular world you'll get push back everytime the Vatican pronounces a new heresy, as opposing media will remind everyone that Bergoglio is not the Pope.

St. Robert Bellarmine called it prudent to have a council confirm a Pope is an heretic to avoid scandal, even though he held it was not needed to declare a person an heretic.