Mary's Garden Signup (Woman Only Subforum)

Started by Kaesekopf, July 10, 2014, 05:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mono no aware

Quote from: Jayne on July 12, 2014, 12:38:54 PM
I really like how we get "Mary Garden" in our title once we are signed up.  I was bored with being a mere Feldwebel.

Right.  "Mere Feldwebel" is very telling.  That rank has become watered down.  Boo hiss.  A chimpanzee with a keyboard can become a Feldwebel.  The new thing is Hauptmann.  That's the elite now.  Voxx will get there soon enough.

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Pon de Replay on July 12, 2014, 06:22:53 PM
Quote from: Jayne on July 12, 2014, 12:38:54 PM
I really like how we get "Mary Garden" in our title once we are signed up.  I was bored with being a mere Feldwebel.

Right.  "Mere Feldwebel" is very telling.  That rank has become watered down.  Boo hiss.  A chimpanzee with a keyboard can become a Feldwebel.  The new thing is Hauptmann.  That's the elite now.  Voxx will get there soon enough.

:lol:

Kaesekopf

I'm glad someone keeps track of our ranks... :lol:
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Non Nobis

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Chestertonian

Can I get "he man woman haters club "aftervmy name?
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Jayne

Quote from: Non Nobis on July 12, 2014, 11:19:39 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on July 12, 2014, 08:44:33 AM
Quote from: Non Nobis on July 11, 2014, 09:30:37 PM
Count me in.  What a lovely name.

Done.

Why did it change from "Mary's Garden" to "Mary Garden"?

Both forms of the name were mentioned during the discussion.  The name of the subforum as it appears on the home page is "Mary's Garden".  It appears with our titles as "Mary Garden."  As I recall, this was the original suggestion.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Mono no aware

Quote from: Chestertonian on July 12, 2014, 11:22:05 PM

You can.  Go to "Modify Profile," and then type it in the "Custom Title" field.  Don't forget to click on the "Change Profile" tab when you're done.

Anastasia

Very late to the party, but I'd like to be included. Sounds like a good idea!
People talk vaguely about the innocence of a little child, but they take mighty good care not to let it out of their sight for twenty minutes.-Saki.
"Meanwhile, Fate was quietly slipping lead into the boxing glove. "
— P.G. Wodehouse

Ancilla Domini

Quote from: Chestertonian on July 12, 2014, 11:22:05 PM

I was gonna suggest that for the men's forum.  :)

Revixit

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, Have Mercy On Us

Lydia Purpuraria

delete

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

mara

Non Nobis

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!