The Kingdom of Cats

Started by Fleur-de-Lys, September 02, 2019, 08:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleur-de-Lys

The Kingdom of Cats - a Japanese legend in Russian with English subtitles!

[yt][/yt]

Daniel

Interesting. The story (as well as the "solemn cat procession") reminds me a lot of the Studio Ghibli film The Cat Returns, though I had not known it to be based on a real legend.

gsas

Cats have 9 lives.  People fall short of that too.  And cats always get enough sleep.  Now clearly, who are the losers here?

Non Nobis

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

clau clau

Are you blind when you're born
can you see in the dark ...

[yt][/yt]
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Heinrich

Mrs. H and I have three cats.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.