Why the tv-show "Young Justice" is a pile of rubbish dangerous to your children

Started by Jerome, November 09, 2016, 11:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karasu

double post-sorry!
In all thy works remember thy last end, and thou shalt never sin. - Sirach 7:40

Jerome

Quote from: Jayne on November 26, 2016, 02:01:18 PM
I did answer a few of your questions in my last post.

You answered those questions because you were pressed hard to do so. Mostly you simply ignored everything I wrote, asked and pointed out to you.

All it did was encourage you to be more demanding and to write an even longer post in response.

That is because I am right and you are wrong, just as St. John Vianney were right and the women who contradicted him were wrong.

I can prove I am right on the media issue from natural reason, logic, scripture, the teaching if the saints, and even by using secular sources that agrees with many of the points I make, and also by consulting the information about the shows and characters of the shows themselves and all the evils, bad examples, immodesties etc. they contain.

It is futile to answer your questions.  It is not because you have made unanswerable arguments.

Then why did you avoid them up till now? When I now have backed you into a corner and you cannot any longer continue on with your rantings while completely ignoring and avoiding almost exactly everything of what I wrote to you, you completely end the discussion, and that without ever wanting to answer any of the questions!

Is it possible that you don't want to answer the questions because 1) you don't want to have a remorse of conscience, 2) you don't want your opinions about what you believe to become public knowledge, and 3) you don't want to think about the consequences of how your deeds, actions and "instructions" have influenced certain people to continue the trend of watching and exposing themselves to dangerous media, and perhaps even letting their own offspring watch such things and become corrupted and brainwashed by it?

"But who tells you that there is no harm in it? It can only be a libertine, or a flighty and worldly girl, who are trying to smother their remorse of conscience as best they can. ... How many poor souls there are who have lost therein their religion and their faith! How many will never open their eyes to their unhappy state except when they are falling into Hell!" St. John Vianney

It is because you are clearly not going to accept any answers that I give.

Why would I accept your answers, when your answer has, as an end or goal, to approve of shows and that children and adults can watch such (and similar) shows as: contains immodesties, immodest dress, lasciviousnesses, occultism, new ageism, false doctrines, magic and sorcery, and the giving bad examples corrupting both young and old alike?

Do you think any saint, pope, priest, monk (pre-Vatican II ecclesiastics, of course!), or any reasonable person for that matter, would approve of such media? or speak approvingly of it, after having been informed on the subject?

I think it would be more honest to say that even if a person did watch such shows through weakness and addiction to media, they should at least admit they are bad, and should be avoided.

You have made up your mind.  It is a waste of my time.

Of course I have, since I am right in condemning these "hellish amusements" (St. John Vianney), and you are wrong in defending and approving them in a positive light.

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears." (2 Timothy 4:3)

"Woe to you that call evil good, and good evil: that put darkness for light, and light for darkness: that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter." (Isaiah 5:20)

I did want to go on record as disagreeing with you in the hopes that the members here could see that some of us who see television as potentially dangerous can be reasonable about it.  Now that I have accomplished that, I doubt there is any reason to say more to you.

"It is useless to offer advice to those who have no intention of taking it, but continue regardless on the downward path." St. Neilos the Ascetic

I hope all the best for you and that you come around on this issue.

Karasu

Quote from: Jerome on November 27, 2016, 02:54:14 AM
I did answer a few of your questions in my last post.

You answered those questions because you were pressed hard to do so. Mostly you simply ignored everything I wrote, asked and pointed out to you.

All it did was encourage you to be more demanding and to write an even longer post in response.

That is because I am right and you are wrong, just as St. John Vianney were right and the women who contradicted him were wrong.

I can prove I am right on the media issue from natural reason, logic, scripture, the teaching if the saints, and even by using secular sources that agrees with many of the points I make, and also by consulting the information about the shows and characters of the shows themselves and all the evils, bad examples, immodesties etc. they contain.

It is futile to answer your questions.  It is not because you have made unanswerable arguments.

Then why did you avoid them up till now? When I now have backed you into a corner and you cannot any longer continue on with your rantings while completely ignoring and avoiding almost exactly everything of what I wrote to you, you completely end the discussion, and that without ever wanting to answer any of the questions!

Is it possible that you don't want to answer the questions because 1) you don't want to have a remorse of conscience, 2) you don't want your opinions about what you believe to become public knowledge, and 3) you don't want to think about the consequences of how your deeds, actions and "instructions" have influenced certain people to continue the trend of watching and exposing themselves to dangerous media, and perhaps even letting their own offspring watch such things and become corrupted and brainwashed by it?

"But who tells you that there is no harm in it? It can only be a libertine, or a flighty and worldly girl, who are trying to smother their remorse of conscience as best they can. ... How many poor souls there are who have lost therein their religion and their faith! How many will never open their eyes to their unhappy state except when they are falling into Hell!" St. John Vianney

It is because you are clearly not going to accept any answers that I give.

Why would I accept your answers, when your answer has, as an end or goal, to approve of shows and that children and adults can what such (and similar) shows as: contains immodesties, immodest dress, lasciviousnesses, occultism, new ageism, false doctrines, magic and sorcery, and the giving bad examples corrupting both young and old alike?

Do you think any saint, pope, priest, monk (pre-Vatican II ecclesiastics, of course!), or any reasonable person for that matter, would approve of such media? or speak approvingly of it, after having been informed on the subject?

I think it would be more honest to say that even if a person did watch such shows through weakness and addiction to media, they should at least admit they are bad, and should be avoided.

You have made up your mind.  It is a waste of my time.

Of course I have, since I am right in condemning these "hellish amusements" (St. John Vianney), and you are wrong in defending and approving them in a positive light.

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears." (2 Timothy 4:3)

"Woe to you that call evil good, and good evil: that put darkness for light, and light for darkness: that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter." (Isaiah 5:20)

I did want to go on record as disagreeing with you in the hopes that the members here could see that some of us who see television as potentially dangerous can be reasonable about it.  Now that I have accomplished that, I doubt there is any reason to say more to you.

"It is useless to offer advice to those who have no intention of taking it, but continue regardless on the downward path." St. Neilos the Ascetic

I hope all the best for you and that come around on this issue.

Since when can YOU judge Jayne's interior state and conscience and than declare her a libertine? That's the kind of judgmentalism Christ condemns!

Jerome

Quote from: Karasu on November 27, 2016, 03:12:34 AM
Since when can YOU judge Jayne's interior state and conscience and than declare her a libertine? That's the kind of judgmentalism Christ condemns!

I only quote St. John Vianney, and he said these words about women defending similar evils and corruptions, such as dancing.

You clearly have no understanding of what Jesus Christ taught. Nor do you seem to have grasped the information and responses in this thread or what my response was even about.

I advice you to read the thread.

You have already demonstrated in various posts that your formal judgments about others have not been so well founded, and you have even admitted that this is the case:

Quote from: Karasu on November 24, 2016, 01:44:39 PMWell I admit- I wasn't acting very prudent. I was mostly acting out of emotion and I'm honestly trying to work on this bad habit.

Jayne

Karasu, it's OK. It does not matter what Jerome thinks about me. God's judgement is the only one that matters.

I'm concerned that seeing Jerome's extreme approach will confuse you.  While there are obviuos problems with his posting, we really do need to very cautious about TV. It really does have the potential to influence us in very bad ways.

A practice that I have found helpful is doing a "TV fast". Taking a long break - like for Advent or Lent- helps give one insights into how Tv affects one.

Don't let Jerome lead you to the opposite extreme of thinking that anything goes when watching TV. 
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

erin is nice

Quote from: Jerome on November 26, 2016, 07:18:40 AM
The Amish seems to do pretty well without these things.

As was already noted: The only thing that will happen to our children if we permit them to watch such things: is that they will grow accustomed and become addicted to the media; and when this happens, it will become almost impossible to get them stop watching it. The bible is clear on that: "Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it." (Proverbs 22:6) Most parents' children probably proves this, since their own children probably watch media just as they were taught by their own parents. Doubt it not!

Amish communities are rife with incest, abuse and other horrible things.

Bernadette

Quote from: erin is nice on November 27, 2016, 08:44:25 AM

As was already noted: The only thing that will happen to our children if we permit them to watch such things: is that they will grow accustomed and become addicted to the media; and when this happens, it will become almost impossible to get them stop watching it. The bible is clear on that: "Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it." (Proverbs 22:6) Most parents' children probably proves this, since their own children probably watch media just as they were taught by their own parents. Doubt it not!

Precisely. Because they're human. People can still find ways to sin, even without media. Even without high school education!
My Lord and my God.

Karasu

not to mention they're heretics.

JubilateDeo

Like puppy mills!  And bad baked goods.