BXVI final homily: Let us avoid "the sins against the unity of the Church"

Started by Archer, February 13, 2013, 09:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: dust on February 14, 2013, 06:29:41 PM
If what Fr. George Ratzinger has aluded to is true, the SSPX still holding onto Tradition and refusing to sign a blank check on V-II probably does bother Pope Benedict. He is a theologian. He has made His perfect, theological argument. How can they (SSPX) not concede and agree. It is all about logic, right?

I am still wondering just how much His Holiness does not understand about common Catholics. I mean he is obviously incredibly inteligent, but the Faith is not about inteligence. He is a reknowned theologian, but the Faith is much more than theology. He has great analytical skills but analyzing every jot and tittle seems to be akin to not seeing the forrest for the trees. As an uncle of mine would say, "me thinks He thinks too much".
My opinion is the sspx has him convinced but he cant stand the truth....is to much the coward to act on what his intellect has told him...the sspx is right...Traditionalists are THE church and he had a hand in destroying the vast majority of christiandom.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Archer

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on February 14, 2013, 06:40:25 PM
My opinion is the sspx has him convinced but he cant stand the truth....is to much the coward to act on what his intellect has told him...the sspx is right...Traditionalists are THE church and he had a hand in destroying the vast majority of christiandom.

To be fair I don't think the SSPX have ever claimed that.  There may be a number of people who feel that way, but ABL was not one of them and it's certainly not the official party line. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Archer on February 14, 2013, 06:53:11 PM

To be fair I don't think the SSPX have ever claimed that.  There may be a number of people who feel that way, but ABL was not one of them and it's certainly not the official party line.
I speak in general terms......the traditional church...which the sspx most certainly represent...IS and always will be the church all novelitys and modernism is anathama and NOT the church.....just because a mouse is in a cookie Jar it does not make it a cookie.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

tmw89

How ironic - the man grew up in the Third Reich, which in the years after its demise was made the bogeyman of the West for its murder of millions of people (nevermind how many the commies killed, of course), and as an adult he helped to spearhead a movement from within the One True Faith to hijack that Faith, subvert it, co-opt it with condemned ideas...

...how many hundreds of millions of souls are lost to Hell due to the spiritual ruin this man and his cadre have wrought??
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Gerard

Quote from: trentcath on February 14, 2013, 03:43:52 PM
Am I the only one thinking this is, at least partially,  aimed at the SSPX.

Wild speculations. Conspiracy theories.  Where does the Holy Father mention the SSPX?  What is your evidence? ;D

Gerard

Quote from: tmw89 on February 14, 2013, 08:11:25 PM

How ironic - the man grew up in the Third Reich, which in the years after its demise was made the bogeyman of the West for its murder of millions of people (nevermind how many the commies killed, of course), and as an adult he helped to spearhead a movement from within the One True Faith to hijack that Faith, subvert it, co-opt it with condemned ideas...

...how many hundreds of millions of souls are lost to Hell due to the spiritual ruin this man and his cadre have wrought??

I can't remember what interview it was, but Bishop W. gave an interview with Bernard Janzen and he talked about the psychological attitude of Europeans after the war and how since everything was reduced to rubble, they no longer emotionally trusted the ideas and philosophies that shaped Europe and this German school of Gestalt psychology inspired the Europeans to want to do away with everything that was perfectly normal prior to the war. 

I found it interesting and an angle I hadn't considered much before. 

trentcath

Quote from: Gerard on February 14, 2013, 08:15:43 PM

Wild speculations. Conspiracy theories.  Where does the Holy Father mention the SSPX?  What is your evidence? ;D

:rolleyes:

We get it Gerard, you are still annoyed that I didn't buy your 'Pope benedict XVI is trying to destroy the papacy through abdicating' malarchy, thats what happens when you express lynch mob mentality to a law student who studied the law of evidence a little while ago. Please try and keep your rants onto the thread in which you first ranted and not spread them all over the place.

Gerard

Quote from: trentcath on February 15, 2013, 05:34:49 AM
Quote from: Gerard on February 14, 2013, 08:15:43 PM

:rolleyes:

We get it Gerard, you are still annoyed that I didn't buy your 'Pope benedict XVI is trying to destroy the papacy through abdicating' malarchy, thats what happens when you express lynch mob mentality to a law student who studied the law of evidence a little while ago. Please try and keep your rants onto the thread in which you first ranted and not spread them all over the place.

I'm not annoyed at what you do or don't buy.  I'm just amazed at the incongruity of your criteria for determining intention on the part of the Pope.  Feel free to explain why you think this is partially aimed at the SSPX?  He didn't mention the SSPX at all. 

Vetus Ordo

I don't know why so many of you are complaining.

Ratzinger's resignation means that the next in line is Peter the Roman. All will be over soon!
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Archer

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on February 15, 2013, 10:31:21 AM
I don't know why so many of you are complaining.

Ratzinger's resignation means that the next in line is Peter the Roman. All will be over soon!

It isn't a forgone conclusion the next Pope will be Peter the Roman.  St. Malachy's prophecy, while accurate to date, could be incomplete and there very well could be several Pope's between now and Peter the Roman. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney