Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

The comforter was really ugly in person, so I returned it and bought an embroidered quilt instead, with a matching sham. No throw pillows, since I hate them.

My Lord and my God.

mikemac

A Canadian Pacific ABA C-Liner set and a Canadian Pacific GP7 to add to my already too large collection of HO model trains.  I try to tell myself that they are not just toy trains, but fine replicas of first generation diesel locomotives that ran in the 1950 steam to diesel transition era.  They all run great.  I have some steam locomotives too.  I am a member of the Campbellford-Seymour Heritage Society of which the Campbellford Model Railway Club is a part of.  It's historic, don't you know.  :)

http://csheritage.org/

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Bernadette

The large size Bible from Baronius Press. No more squinting!   :P
My Lord and my God.

Lynne

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 23, 2019, 07:45:11 PM
Quote from: Lynne on December 28, 2018, 05:49:51 AM
I got a French press!

(I should have posted this in the Coffee Pot)

:D

yes, but did you pay $1.00 for it?!?!?!  I got one a few weeks ago for ONE DOLLAR! at our local discount store.  I bought the thing simply because it cost a dollar.   I would've been a fool not to  ;D 

I also got 4 new maxi skirts, originally priced at $60, for $1.20 each, plus a Gap flannel nightgown for $1.00 at the same discount store   8) :cheeseheadbeer:  That was a good shopping day!

Wow! I clearly need to shop with *you*!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Bernadette

Quote from: Bernadette on February 11, 2019, 11:48:02 AM
The large size Bible from Baronius Press. No more squinting!   :P

This arrived yesterday, and is absolutely gorgeous! Sewn edges! Two bookmarks! I'm officially spoiled as far as other Bibles go.
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

A laptop, since my desktop is now basically a giant hard drive. Audio doesn't work, won't connect to the internet. It's amazing how attached I've become to having a computer. Now I need to figure out how to transfer all of my stuff to the new laptop once it gets here.
My Lord and my God.

Prayerful

Quote from: mikemac on February 07, 2019, 01:47:32 PM
A Canadian Pacific ABA C-Liner set and a Canadian Pacific GP7 to add to my already too large collection of HO model trains.  I try to tell myself that they are not just toy trains, but fine replicas of first generation diesel locomotives that ran in the 1950 steam to diesel transition era.  They all run great.  I have some steam locomotives too.  I am a member of the Campbellford-Seymour Heritage Society of which the Campbellford Model Railway Club is a part of.  It's historic, don't you know.  :)

http://csheritage.org/

Diesel startup. Diesel trains have a charisma to them.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv_cGG56QA4[/yt]
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

mikemac

Quote from: Prayerful on February 28, 2019, 04:53:14 PM
Diesel startup. Diesel trains have a charisma to them.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv_cGG56QA4[/yt]

Now that's a cold start.  It reminds me of a Koehring 466 that I used to own in the 1980s.  Not quite as bad as that but there were some start ups that I was wondering if it would ever start hitting on all six cylinders.  It was powerful though.  I bought it to dig a few ponds.  It was something like this one.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFOfgWitwgc[/yt]

I think one of the nicest sounding diesel motors are the ones in the EMD GP7s and GP9s.  They are called Geeps.  In this video you should be able to distinguish the sound between the screaming of the electric traction motors and the diesel prime mover.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ-A8blvDlU[/yt]
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

moneil

Thank you mikemac, for the model train pictures, very cool.

Like a lot of kids my age (I'll be 68 in June) I and my brothers had a model train set (Lionel I'd guess, I don't know the scale, larger than HO as I recall) which mom sent off to the St. Vincent de Paul thrift shop decades ago.  At various times and events in various places I've lived or visited I would see displays which the local model railroad club set had set up and have often thought that would be a fun hobby!

I'll likely never get around to it, but I always enjoy watching model railroaders and their set ups.

Bernadette

A cedar chest to store my quilts and bedding. I've wanted one for years. It came as a kit from eBay, and a local carpenter put it together for me. It came out gorgeous!  ;D
My Lord and my God.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Bernadette on April 03, 2019, 11:21:27 AM
A cedar chest to store my quilts and bedding. I've wanted one for years. It came as a kit from eBay, and a local carpenter put it together for me. It came out gorgeous!  ;D

I have one that my grandpa made - love cedar chests... :)
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Bernadette

The complete Liturgical Year in hardcover for a ridiculously low price. And the complete Oxford Illustrated Edition of the works of Charles Dickens, ditto. It's cleaned out my book budget for the rest of the year, but I think it's worth it to achieve a lifelong dream. :)
My Lord and my God.

Josephine87

I'm so envious of your last two buys, Bernadette!  All three are dreams of mine  :swoon:
"Begin again." -St. Teresa of Avila

"My present trial seems to me a somewhat painful one, and I have the humiliation of knowing how badly I bore it at first. I now want to accept and to carry this little cross joyfully, to carry it silently, with a smile in my heart and on my lips, in union with the Cross of Christ. My God, blessed be Thou; accept from me each day the embarrassment, inconvenience, and pain this misery causes me. May it become a prayer and an act of reparation." -Elisabeth Leseur

Prayerful

Quote from: Bernadette on April 29, 2019, 09:33:27 AM
The complete Liturgical Year in hardcover for a ridiculously low price. And the complete Oxford Illustrated Edition of the works of Charles Dickens, ditto. It's cleaned out my book budget for the rest of the year, but I think it's worth it to achieve a lifelong dream. :)

Superb, although Dom Guéranger had a notable blindspot in somehow regarding neo-Gallican and French Cathedral uses as the nesting places of Jansenism, which is unfair, given the elaboration called for by these Uses, appears largely to have been something Jansenism (whatever that really meant) rejected. Public penance like the Use of Rouen might have been to their fancy, and some neo-Gallican liturgists were perhaps Jansenist, but the decline of the Uses in the nineteenth century after the French (Masonic) Revolution slaughtered and exiled so many canons, monks and nuns who sustained them; removed one obstacle to the post V2 catastrophe of the 'New Mass.' Pardon my aimless discursion.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.