Trilingual presentation to prepare and offer the TLM

Started by Gottmitunsalex, January 14, 2013, 12:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gottmitunsalex

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Gottmitunsalex

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Bonaventure

I'm impressed with this priest based on the very little I've watched.

Added: Makes me want to learn Italian!
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

The Harlequin King

Fantastic. Trilingual clergy used to be relatively normal. As an aside, I've never actually seen a non-bishop wear the skullcap at Mass, but I've read that it's a privilege granted to monsignori. Since very few TLM priests are ever granted that honorific, it's pretty rare to see.

Too bad the fiddleback rears its ugly head again, though. *sigh*

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: Bonaventure on January 14, 2013, 11:17:59 PM
I'm impressed with this priest based on the very little I've watched.
Keep watching. I need your input (and all the SD liturgical-phile's input as well).
Thank you.

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: The Harlequin King on January 14, 2013, 11:22:43 PM
Fantastic. Trilingual clergy used to be relatively normal. As an aside, I've never actually seen a non-bishop wear the skullcap at Mass, but I've read that it's a privilege granted to monsignori. Since very few TLM priests are ever granted that honorific, it's pretty rare to see.

Too bad the fiddleback rears its ugly head again, though. *sigh*
Keep it coming. Yes, spot on HK,  he is a monseigneur.  more input...

Gottmitunsalex

I don't want to come across as pushy. But I really do need your input on the form etc. Especially videos 3 & 4.
Thank you.

Bonaventure

Quote from: Gottmitunsalex on January 14, 2013, 11:53:00 PM
I don't want to come across as pushy. But I really do need your input on the form etc. Especially videos 3 & 4.
Thank you.

Ok. In due time.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

CoolCat

Interesting way of offering the TLM. Personally, I would have no problem attending this Mass.

He seems to be a very educated priest.

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: Bonaventure on January 14, 2013, 11:58:18 PM
Quote from: Gottmitunsalex on January 14, 2013, 11:53:00 PM
Thank you.

Ok. In due time.

Bonaventure

Gottmitunsalex

Che sta succedendo? E 'stato 4 giorni e non hanno avuto risposta alla mia domanda.
E molto difficile?  Video dura solo 15 minuti ciascuno. Per favore. Aiutare il vostro amico.

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: Gottmitunsalex on January 17, 2013, 02:15:59 AM
Che sta succedendo? E 'stato 4 giorni e non hanno avuto risposta alla mia domanda.
E molto difficile?  Video dura solo 15 minuti ciascuno. Per favore. Aiutare il vostro amico.
C 'est passé 5 jours et n'ont eu aucune réponse à ma question.
Il est très difficile? Les vidéos dure seulement 15 minutes chacune. S'il vous plaît. Aidez votre ami

The Harlequin King

I hate to say it, but I got annoyed and stopped watching after the sister started reading. It made me think of the odd tendency among some trads to think that because a woman is a sister, that makes her more suited to do certain things in the liturgy than she would be otherwise.

Everything up to that point was fine and I don't have anything to add to it, except for the part in which he says the priest genuflects when approaching the altar in honor of the Blessed Sacrament. However, I believe this gesture is actually toward the altar as a symbol of Christ. This is an important distinction because one genuflects to the altar in the liturgy, even if (as is the case in some places) there is no tabernacle, or the tabernacle is empty.

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: The Harlequin King on January 18, 2013, 07:55:53 AM
I hate to say it, but I got annoyed and stopped watching after the sister started reading. It made me think of the odd tendency among some trads to think that because a woman is a sister, that makes her more suited to do certain things in the liturgy than she would be otherwise.

Everything up to that point was fine and I don't have anything to add to it, except for the part in which he says the priest genuflects when approaching the altar in honor of the Blessed Sacrament. However, I believe this gesture is actually toward the altar as a symbol of Christ. This is an important distinction because one genuflects to the altar in the liturgy, even if (as is the case in some places) there is no tabernacle, or the tabernacle is empty.
Thank you HK. This is why I asked for your opinions. If you can, finish viewing the rest.