Wilder vs Fury

Started by martin88nyc, December 02, 2018, 12:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin88nyc

Has anybody seen the fight?
Fury won hands down
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Heinrich

CBS Sportsnet had him up 120 - 111 going into the 12th round. How does this end up a draw? When the opponent is a minority, that's how. Wilder was clearly outboxed, even though he demonstrated some power and exposed a defensive weakness in Fury. But in no way did his scoring match up to a draw. Wilder was given an "Alvarez" win.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/dec/02/tyson-fury-deontay-wilder-controversial-decision-boxing
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Heinrich on December 02, 2018, 03:23:53 PM
CBS Sportsnet had him up 120 - 111 going into the 12th round. How does this end up a split decision? When the opponent is a minority, that's how.
They just couldn't let this happen. No one thought Fury could stop Wilder. It's all about money.
PS: I heard the judges are picked by the sponsors.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33