Rewind to Previous iOS?

Started by Bernadette, July 03, 2015, 01:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

My iPod Touch updated to iOS 8.something last night, and I hate it. My audible audiobooks have gone from the music app to the iBooks app, and my music library displays differently. Is there a way to go back to the previous iOS?
My Lord and my God.

aquinas138

Quote from: Bernadette on July 03, 2015, 01:59:24 PM
My iPod Touch updated to iOS 8.something last night, and I hate it. My audible audiobooks have gone from the music app to the iBooks app, and my music library displays differently. Is there a way to go back to the previous iOS?

I think the only way would be if you have a full backup with a previous version, then you can reinstall that backup. Probably, you'll just have to live with the change. I don't remember which version of iOS it was, but they separated podcasts from music, which drove me crazy, especially since Apple's Podcasts app is so terrible. I haven't updated to 8.4 yet, but I suppose it's time for Apple to needlessly change the user interface again  ::).
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Bernadette

Quote from: Kaesekopf on July 03, 2015, 02:47:48 PM
Stop using Apple.  ;)

Hey, the iPod Touch was free. I'll put up with a lot for a free iPod. :lol:
My Lord and my God.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Bernadette on July 03, 2015, 02:53:53 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on July 03, 2015, 02:47:48 PM
Stop using Apple.  ;)

Hey, the iPod Touch was free. I'll put up with a lot for a free iPod. :lol:

I'd sell it.

No good comes from an Apple.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Bernadette

Looks like it is possible: http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/06/30/how-to-downgrade-to-ios-8-3-from-ios-8-4/

I have to put everything back manually, rather than restoring from a backup because it says the software is too old (which just tells me that the iPod is indeed using the previous iOS). Success!  ;D
My Lord and my God.