To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matto

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZmCDDeD-ks[/yt]
Sunday Morning performed by the Velvet Uaderground and Nico. ". . . Watch out! The world's behind you. There's always someone around you who will call . . . It's nothing at all. . . ."

A little bit of rock and roll for the morning before Church. Anyone else read Wallace Stevens?
I Love Watching Butterflies . . ..

Heinrich

Eclectic group of whiskey drink'n fellas playing acoustic, old timing tune:
[yt][/yt]
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Heinrich

The singer of the song reminds me of someone:

[yt][/yt]
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Heinrich

Pon du Replay, what are your thoughts on the Monkees?

[yt][/yt]

Mono no aware

Quote from: Heinrich on August 24, 2019, 04:17:48 PMPon du Replay, what are your thoughts on the Monkees?

They're enjoyable, if cutesy.  Herman's Hermits are another in the same vein.  It's a testament to the Beatles and 60s pop that even the imitation prefab bubblegum versions of the Beatles were good.

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Prayerful

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

red solo cup

Vetus Ordo

One of the best and most spiritually soothing surahs of the Qur'an:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWt5_NJuhME[/yt]
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

red solo cup

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on September 13, 2019, 11:42:06 PM

Have you ever listened to Shabda Khan? There was a time many years ago when I listened to him regularly.

Bernadette

Spiritually soothing? WTH? You do realize where you are, right, Vetus?  :o
My Lord and my God.

Heinrich

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: red solo cup on September 14, 2019, 06:08:17 AM
Quote from: Vetus Ordo on September 13, 2019, 11:42:06 PM

Have you ever listened to Shabda Khan? There was a time many years ago when I listened to him regularly.

No, I'll check him out.

Quote from: Bernadette on September 14, 2019, 06:09:07 AM
Spiritually soothing? WTH? You do realize where you are, right, Vetus?  :o

It's the story of Moses.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Bernadette

Maybe so, but why not just read it in the Bible?
My Lord and my God.