Looking for an English-speaking tutor

Started by Tradi mother, April 05, 2024, 11:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tradi mother

LICH!
My name is Sylwia Zawadzka. I am a traditional mother of 5 daughters from Poland.
At the moment I am looking for an English-speaking tutor for our eldest daughters and we would like to find a traditional one. We would be very grateful if you could help us. Maybe you know someone who would like to earn some money this way, having 60-minute conversation lessons on- line with our kids once or twice a week.
One of my daughters is 14 years old and the other one is 12. I have been teaching them English for a few years, as I am a teacher of English as a second language, but unfortunately they are still very elementary, that's why I prefer conversation lessons for them because they are afraid to talk. They know a lot of grammar and vocabulary but the main problem is fluency and of course conversation  :)

Sylwia

Bernadette

I would love to do this, but I don't know any Polish!
My Lord and my God.

Michael Wilson

I have a sister that home schooled her children, she probably would also be interested.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Tradi mother

@Heinrich, @LausTibiChriste

Thank you but I'm looking for traditional catholic tutors  ;)

Heinrich

Quote from: Tradi mother on April 06, 2024, 12:55:41 PM@Heinrich, @LausTibiChriste

I do not have a TEFL, but I have been teaching either English, German or Spanish for the last 30 years in the United States.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Lynne

Quote from: Heinrich on April 07, 2024, 12:15:34 PM
Quote from: Tradi mother on April 06, 2024, 12:55:41 PM@Heinrich, @LausTibiChriste

I do not have a TEFL, but I have been teaching either English, German or Spanish for the last 30 years in the United States.

And he's definitely a trad Catholic!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"