Web page designer wanted

Started by voxxpopulisuxx, April 27, 2014, 11:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voxxpopulisuxx

I need a business website...any SD designers interested?
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Kaesekopf

I would, but am terrible at it. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

voxxpopulisuxx

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Heinrich

That to do one needs to be proficient in Java script, right?

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gardener

Quote from: Heinrich on April 29, 2014, 04:58:14 PM

Nope.

In fact, with some services you only need to be proficient in typing your content and choosing your layout from a prepackaged set of themes.

A webpage can be as complex or as simple as one wishes.

My suggestion for voxx, if it's not already on his to-do list, is to look at a bunch of painting company websites, save the site address and make note of the features he likes in each page. Doing this, the designer will be able to quickly get an idea and it will enable a better product from the perspective of the customer, which is voxx.

Key things should be contact info, examples of work, and any industry/local affiliations, BBB data if available, etc.

From there, nice pictures of work, before and after especially, as the before pictures will enhance the relative appearance of the after (which I'm sure is solid).

Depending, he might even want to have some video of his guys working, a spoken piece from him, etc.

He could probably get some really good work out of local community college folks, including photography, videography, and website design.

Or, he could go with a prepackaged service and just input the necessary info and photos.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Heinrich

I remember a few years ago he a solid looking website. Maybe it is for one of his boys.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Gardener on April 29, 2014, 05:42:06 PM

Nope.

In fact, with some services you only need to be proficient in typing your content and choosing your layout from a prepackaged set of themes.

My suggestion for voxx, if it's not already on his to-do list, is to look at a bunch of painting company websites, save the site address and make note of the features he likes in each page. Doing this, the designer will be able to quickly get an idea and it will enable a better product from the perspective of the customer, which is voxx.

Key things should be contact info, examples of work, and any industry/local affiliations, BBB data if available, etc.

From there, nice pictures of work, before and after especially, as the before pictures will enhance the relative appearance of the after (which I'm sure is solid).

Depending, he might even want to have some video of his guys working, a spoken piece from him, etc.

He could probably get some really good work out of local community college folks, including photography, videography, and website design.

Or, he could go with a prepackaged service and just input the necessary info and photos.
I know what I want and I know how it should look I just want somebody else to do the work.
My sister did this one guildmaterialapplication.com which is my union work website.but she doesnt do this anymore since she had a couple children.
Im looking for a small residential homowner friendly site...I dont want to do it myself even though I could it with wix...its too tedious for me.

911!

Daniel

Off-topic - I'm in the process of making myself a website, but I should probably learn a language like PHP first.  I'm good with HTML5/CSS/JavaScript but I can't do anything that requires a server.

I can tell you, if it's for a business then you should probably set up a Facebook and Twitter page as well.

Gardener

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on April 29, 2014, 07:58:44 PM
Quote from: Gardener on April 29, 2014, 05:42:06 PM

Nope.

I know what I want and I know how it should look I just want somebody else to do the work.
My sister did this one guildmaterialapplication.com which is my union work website.but she doesnt do this anymore since she had a couple children.
Im looking for a small residential homowner friendly site...I dont want to do it myself even though I could it with wix...its too tedious for me.

Cool. Have you considered putting up a want ad on the bulletin board at the church you go to?

Nice site, btw. Great work as well. The cupola looks great and the stairwell looks very clean with the entirely green look. Solid work, Voxx!
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

peter in chains

Maybe my son could try to help you? I showed him your post and he said I can give you his contact if interested.

Thank you,
"Why do you increase your bonds? Take hold of your life before your light grows dark and you seek help and do not find it. This life has been given to you for repentance; do not waste it in vain pursuits."--St. Isaac of Syria

Enslave yourself to Mary.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: peter in chains on April 30, 2014, 05:00:53 PM
Maybe my son could try to help you? I showed him your post and he said I can give you his contact if interested.

Thank you,
sure PM me

911!

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

voxxpopulisuxx

911!

LouisIX

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.