Anglish

Started by red solo cup, January 23, 2018, 09:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

English without the Latin and French influence.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Jacob

"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Daniel

I'd prefer the opposite: romance English, without any germanic words.

Unfortunately, all the small English words are germanic. So I can't really get it work :(

The Harlequin King

Anglish is so awesome.

Check out the leaf (page) on Romish Broad-churchdom: http://anglish.wikia.com/wiki/Romish_Broad-Churchdom

"The Broad-Church has shaped Western wisdom, kithship, lore and listcraft. The Broad-Church shared gathertang with the Eastern Mainstream Church (Orthodox) until the East-West Split in 1054, infighting dealing mostly with the stewardship of the Holy Father, as well as with the Easterly Mainstream (Oriental Orthodox) churches before the Chalcedonish Split in 451 over unlikenesses in Christlore."

drummerboy

I'm sure it would sound neat, but its also dumb.  English's unique history and ability to absorb other languages is part of the reason it has produced some of the best literature.  The breadth of the language is barely even tapped by today's average speaker
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis