How to handle the coming persecutions

Started by probablywontmakeit, May 11, 2023, 12:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

You want to do something to counter the coming persecutions?  Donate to the SSPX.  You'll do more to help the cause than any "patriot" nonsense.  The job of withholding anti-Christ rested with the Pope supported by the bishops and clergy.  The laity has no such power.

Support good priests.  The good ones kept their chapels open during COVID or had Masses in homes to keep the sacraments available.  Work on converting people.  These are things the laity can do.

But if we are in the end times, the Lord told us what to do.  Even the woman, the Church, flees into the wilderness.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Greg

Where is the wilderness?   There is none in developed countries.  You would be tracked by satellite or drone in a day or two.  Far too many people, hunters, drones, sensors and detectors

To escape today you would have to live in the Taiga of Russia and have years of survival skills and 3 years building a plot with crops, outbuildings, food storage from bears, plenty of high quality tools.  USA or Canada forget about those.  Maybe Australia, if you can life like a bushman.  But forget women or children in either circumstance.  They would be dead within the first 18 months.

Not sure what fleeing to the wilderness signifies in the 21st Century.  Going Bear Grylls?

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

awkward customer

That's right.  There's no wilderness left to flee to and even if there were, who's going to last more than five minutes?  Not me.  I live in the middle of a city.

Developing a sense of reality might help though.  Because there's no way to "handle the coming persecutions" that involves anything other than being a victim of them.  Ask the millions who died under the persecutions in the Soviet Union, China, Cambodia etc.  How did they "handle" the persecutions?  They died, that's how.

I saw an interview from the 1960s with a Russian woman who said that ordinary Russians were simply not able to deal with the murderous hatred of the Bolsheviks.  I'm guessing that they were so shocked by it that they went into freeze mode, which is one of the classic reactions to intense danger.

Unless you have had a direct interaction with human evil and all its malice, I'm guessing that you too will go into freeze mode.  The existential shock of coming face to face with such malevolence will be too much.

In the meantime, a sense of humour might help, or at least taking things less seriously.   

Greg

Death might be the best option.

If the living are going to envy the dead then why flee?  Just refuse to do what you are told and be martyred.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

james03

QuoteNot sure what fleeing to the wilderness signifies in the 21st Century.

Flyover country.  Do you think the elites from the West Coast or the East Coast want to spend any attention on flyover country?  There will be local enforcers of the party, but they'll be low level just trying to support their family.  They'll take a small cut and leave you alone.  You saw it in Soviet Russia with the thriving black market.  The local enforcer has to live in the location.  He doesn't want his car tires slashed every night and rocks thrown through his window, or maybe getting shot or stabbed.  He'll be happy to dip his beak, get a little taste, and look the other way.  And he doesn't rank enough to request drone surveillance.  So he'll go along to get along.

QuoteDeath might be the best option.

True.  Having the nuke detonate right while you are leaving confession would be optimal.  Because even if you do make it in Trad Haven, times are going to be tough.  It's called a Chastisement for a reason.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

james03

Name a corrupt country.  China.  It is number 2 in surveillance and social control, only bested by North Korea, and yet out in the secondary and tertiary cities the local party apparatus will happily take a bribe and let you do your thing.  And that's China.

If you aren't perceived as a threat to the party, and you live out where they have no interest of getting involved, you can keep your head down, receive the sacraments, and homeschool your kids.  You just have to last 3-1/2 years.  And then the 7 plagues hit all the clapping seals that got chipped.  And then the wipe out.

You'll also have a good show when the 2 prophets show up.

Greg

Quote from: james03 on May 24, 2023, 08:43:01 AM
QuoteNot sure what fleeing to the wilderness signifies in the 21st Century.

Flyover country.  Do you think the elites from the West Coast or the East Coast want to spend any attention on flyover country?  There will be local enforcers of the party, but they'll be low level just trying to support their family.  They'll take a small cut and leave you alone.  You saw it in Soviet Russia with the thriving black market.  The local enforcer has to live in the location.  He doesn't want his car tires slashed every night and rocks thrown through his window, or maybe getting shot or stabbed.  He'll be happy to dip his beak, get a little taste, and look the other way.  And he doesn't rank enough to request drone surveillance.  So he'll go along to get along.

QuoteDeath might be the best option.

True.  Having the nuke detonate right while you are leaving confession would be optimal.  Because even if you do make it in Trad Haven, times are going to be tough.  It's called a Chastisement for a reason.

No, you only saw that after Stalin died.  Between 24 and 40 (16 years) there was nowhere to run or hide.

awkward customer

Maybe there won't be any persecutions, at least not persecutions of the traditional variety.  Maybe there's no need for gulags, dawn arrests and mass graves in the forest. These methods are far too messy and attract too much attention.

Digital persecutions are the future.  There will be no guarded walls at borders or engineered mass starvations as in the Holodomor.  But you won't be able to cross that border, or buy food, or get a job, without the app on your phone.  And the app won't work unless you comply with the system in every area of life.

Maybe we're looking at persecutions of the mind and soul, not public executions in the town square.

TradGranny

Quote from: james03 on May 24, 2023, 08:48:34 AMName a corrupt country.  China.  It is number 2 in surveillance and social control, only bested by North Korea, and yet out in the secondary and tertiary cities the local party apparatus will happily take a bribe and let you do your thing.  And that's China.

If you aren't perceived as a threat to the party, and you live out where they have no interest of getting involved, you can keep your head down, receive the sacraments, and homeschool your kids.  You just have to last 3-1/2 years.  And then the 7 plagues hit all the clapping seals that got chipped.  And then the wipe out.

You'll also have a good show when the 2 prophets show up.

The 3 1/2 years have not yet begun.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

james03

I mean after the imposition of the terror state and the rule of anti-Christ.  You have to hold out for 3-1/2 years.

I also think the great war comes first.  It started in Kiev, and Russia.

TradGranny

Quote from: james03 on May 25, 2023, 03:01:41 PMI mean after the imposition of the terror state and the rule of anti-Christ.  You have to hold out for 3-1/2 years.

I also think the great war comes first. It started in Kiev, and Russia.

Yes. It's interesting that Father Malachi Martin, in the context of speaking about the Third Secret, said "Who would have thought that WW3 would begin in Kiev?"
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Joseph_3

What is there to handle? Do you fear your ascent to Heaven?

james03

Yes.  I work out my salvation with fear and trembling.

But getting back on topic, looking out for my family is one of my duties.

Joseph_3

It was a response to the op.

As for the topic, there is nowhere to run off to and hide in this moment. Where would you go? Into Yellowstone, which has constant fly overs by both private and government aircraft. You would never be able to build a fire in the night and your entire existence would consist of worrying about a drone or person discovering you.

Would you go into the desert? Provisions are very difficult to come by, better men than both you or I have succumb to the wastes.

Would you take an exodus through Mexico and central America seeking a more compatible situation?

A Christian is not meant to flee. Life or death, he is to rebuke the evils of this world and speak the Truth which is in Jesus Christ. Rome was conquered by the blood of our martyrs, and it will be the same in our time and here. God is with those who commit to His will. This said, we have not even begun the tribulations. A border skirmish between two countries in the East is hardly worth mentioning.

Things will get much worse. Churches will be openly burned by mobs, in hatred of us. Christians will be attacked in the streets. Immense perversion will be ubiquitous and publicly performed without any hesitation or backlash. To profess yourself a Christian will be almost akin to suicide. It is then that God will gather the good wheat and burn the chaff.

james03

QuoteAnd you shall be hated by all men for my name's sake. But he that shall endure unto the end, he shall be saved.  14 And when you shall see the abomination of desolation, standing where it ought not: he that readeth let him understand: then let them that are in Judea, flee unto the mountains  15 And let him that is on the housetop, not go down into the house, nor enter therein to take any thing out of the house:

16 And let him that shall be in the field, not turn back to take up his garment.

If you are called to witness, then you can not deny Christ, and you must accept the consequences.  On the other hand it is sensible to prep and be ready.  For example, if you moved to flyover country you weren't affected by COVID and had access to the sacraments.  You also didn't see any BLM/Antifa riots.