Chick-Fil-A?

Started by Matto, April 19, 2018, 04:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matto

Does anyone eat at Chick-Fil-A? Is there food any good? I have plans to take a break from my normal eating habits and go to Chick-Fil-A one night soon for dinner. I was inspired by a recent New Yorker article condemning the chain which is now opening stores in New York for its "pervasive Christian traditionalism" and calling their opening of new stores an "infiltration." I thought that was really neat and it made me want to eat there. I plan on ordering a deluxe chicken sandwich with no cheese and some waffle fries. I have never eaten at a Chick-Fil-A before though I have seen their "eat mor chiken" commercials with the cows holding signs and I read online that they were the fast food restaurant with the highest satisfaction rate among their customers for two years in a row. I like that they are closed on Sundays so people who work there can go to Church and relax. They seem to be owned by believing protestants.
I Love Watching Butterflies . . ..

Maximilian

I've eaten at Chik-fil-a a few time in order to support them for the attacks they get from gays. Also, they are closed on Sunday. That's really awesome for such a big, national chain. Think how many millions of dollars they are sacrificing in order to not violate the Lord's Day.

The couple times I've eaten there, the food was very good. Much better than other fast food. Also a bit more expensive, but not a lot more.

If you already order big expensive sandwiches from other fast food, then Chik-fil-a is not more expensive. But I usually only order from the dollar menu, and compared to that Chik-fil-a costs more. The quality is definitely worth the money.

OCLittleFlower

I'm still sad they got rid of their cole slaw -- it was really good.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Gardener

Definitely get some "chik fil a" sauce for dipping the fries (you have to ask, it's not provided automatically).

Their breakfast is no more expensive than McDonald's and is way better.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Heinrich

Yum! And yes, it gives satisfaction to support them due to their "trolling" reputation amongst the sodomites and liberal jack nutters.

However, they serve meats on Fridays. During Lent, too.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Kaesekopf

I usually spend $6-8 at ChikFilA (when at McDonald's I'd spend around $5 for slightly more food).  But, the chicken is pretty tasty, and it leaves me full, but not too full. 

I like it over McDonalds, they're just not as widespread. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Gardener

They're a chicken joint... of course they do. The proscription for meat on Fridays and during Lent is Canon Law, to which non-Catholics are not subject.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

MundaCorMeum

Chik-fil-a....I could eat there 7 times a day

The Curt Jester

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on April 19, 2018, 06:30:28 PM
Chik-fil-a....I could eat there 7 times a day

I believe that comes from a comedian, doesn't it?

Also, I enjoy the spicy chicken sandwich.   I generally only eat it when I'm traveling even though there is one in the next town over.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Heinrich

Quote from: Gardener on April 19, 2018, 06:19:46 PM
They're a chicken joint... of course they do. The proscription for meat on Fridays and during Lent is Canon Law, to which non-Catholics are not subject.

So God won't hold it against them on their judgement?
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

abc123

Best fast food chicken sandwich around.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Heinrich on April 19, 2018, 07:14:39 PM

Probably not, like He doesn't hold it against the young or aged.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Heinrich

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 19, 2018, 07:58:11 PM

So that EENS thing is just binding to Catholics?

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Heinrich on April 19, 2018, 08:29:09 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 19, 2018, 07:58:11 PM

So that EENS thing is just binding to Catholics?

No.  Dietary laws apply only to Catholics.  Discipline vs doctrine, etc.

Gardener

As Kaese said, it's discipline and not doctrine.