Pauls Teachings

Started by 62Pack, December 27, 2023, 12:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

62Pack

I was recently in a discussion with a young man who tried to convince me that being Gay or an active participant in the LGBTQA community will go to heaven. My initial response was that if the person repents from the sin and accepts Jesus as his/her savior, his/her chances will definitely improve. I referenced the Book of Romans and verses from Leviticus.

The young man responded by telling me that Jesus would not approve or follow Pauline teachings. As someone who has just recently started taking a deeper dive in the study of scripture, I felt like I was suddenly at the deeper end of the pool. My response was a weak one. Simply through faith we believe that through Paul we hear the word of the Lord.

How could I have better answered this young man?

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: 62Pack on December 27, 2023, 12:39:12 PMHow could I have better answered this young man?

When someone starts ignoring, rewriting, or assigning impossible interpretations to certain parts of the Bible, it is clear that the person does not consider the Bible to be the inerrant Word of God.  If he considered it to be inerrant, he would not think that it needs to be revised.

Given that, it makes sense that the person isn't going to be convinced by Scripture.
this page left intentionally blank

james03

QuoteSimply through faith we believe that through Paul we hear the word of the Lord.

This is partially true.  We know from history that Jesus established the Catholic Church and gave it authority.  And we know from history that His Church met in council and created the Bible, commissioning St. Jerome to translate it into the common tongue.  This is why St. Paul's epistles are considered scripture, and St. Clement's are not, and why the Apocalypse of Peter is not in our Bibles.  Because it was the Church that declared, by its authority, what is scripture, and what is not.

And this same Church declares that sodomy is one of the sins that cries to heaven for vengeance.

Now it is possible for a sodomite to be saved.  He has to repent, go to confession, and die in the State of Grace. 
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

james03

QuoteThe young man responded by telling me that Jesus would not approve or follow Pauline teachings.

This is demonic insanity.  It was Jesus Himself that commissioned St. Paul, EVEN CHANGING HIS NAME.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Michael Wilson

Quote from: 62Pack on December 27, 2023, 12:39:12 PMI was recently in a discussion with a young man who tried to convince me that being Gay or an active participant in the LGBTQA community will go to heaven. My initial response was that if the person repents from the sin and accepts Jesus as his/her savior, his/her chances will definitely improve. I referenced the Book of Romans and verses from Leviticus.

The young man responded by telling me that Jesus would not approve or follow Pauline teachings. As someone who has just recently started taking a deeper dive in the study of scripture, I felt like I was suddenly at the deeper end of the pool. My response was a weak one. Simply through faith we believe that through Paul we hear the word of the Lord.

How could I have better answered this young man?
God is the author of both the New and Old testaments; Our Lord is God and He inspired St. Paul to write what he did condemning this sin and everything else that is contained in his epistles. So yes, Jesus would not only approve of Pauline teachings, they are the very teachings of Jesus and God Himself.
Those who die in the state of Mortal Sin, will go to Hell; those who "actively participate" in the actions of the above named group are committing Mortal Sin. They need to repent and amend their lives.
Pray for this young man.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Joseph_3

Typical neo-Protestant drivel.

The God who spoke to Moses demanded that homosexuals be killed for their sin, but then later declares that this sin is okay?

Homosexuality and promiscuity are both perversions of the requirement of procreation. Any and all perversions of bodily requirement are sin, an affront to the natural process which is implanted in man by the Almighty Creator. This gayness is the twisted, unnatural bastardization of the instinctive comradery which exists between men. There is no benefit, no not a single one, which arises out of a gay relationship; however the consequences continually add up. Prolapse, diapers, disease, being the most obvious and unanimous physical symptoms. The denial of procreation, increasingly depraved lust (often times resulting in transgenderism, bestiality, and even more disgusting desires), and the degradation of emotional connection being the profound mental symptoms.

As for Paul.. These people pick and choose which parts of the bible they listen to. This is the mark of the heathen. They will quote, briefly and out of context, this verse or that but reject any verse which uncovers the meaning behind it. Paul tells us that virtue is sin if it is not done in faith. It is only through faith in Jesus Christ that our virtues are made good. Jesus Christ is made manifest in the Church. To simplify, virtue for self-serving purposes is sin. Virtue is only virtue when virtue is done for the sake of the Church, which is the body of Christ,(1) made up by Christians. It is not only an arbitrary body of administrators and bureaucrats but the members of your Christian community.

A repentant and virtuous Christian exists in the same spiritual manner as Adam before the fruit. Where Adam appeared to be in sin, he was not, as he existed in the state which God bore him. The Christian is born into one state (being sinful) and born again into a new state: one of virtue, done for the sake of the body of Christ (the Church) and where temperance is practiced by the individual. Death is clearly defined. "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men." Jesus spoke this because he was accused of being a worker of Satan. Jesus Christ is the WORD of God. Jesus Christ is the arbiter of God's creation and is the perfection in nature, who existed always with God and who is God. This perfection includes man's internal instinct before it is perverted by man's wickedness.

It is when a man decides that good and bad are the same that he enters eternal damnation. When he says that "homosexuality is good" he has rejected the good and replaced it with the bad. When he recognizes that his bad is bad, he is repentant and attempts to mitigate his wickedness, and this is with which he is judged. When he convinces himself that his bad is good, he continues on the path of the bad which ultimately leads to worse. In homosexuality's case, the worse is genderbending, prolapse and aids. The only way to the Father is through Jesus Christ his son, who's body is the Church. The method of obtaining salvation is by virtue for Jesus Christ, again, who's body is the Church.

1. 1 Corinthians 12:27 - Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.