Dreams and visions

Started by crispinlewis, January 02, 2021, 11:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crispinlewis

Scripture talks about people recieving dreams and visions in end times

I havent received any

I don't think I've made the cut

Has anyone else had any?

Worries me protestants are getting them, a lady told me Jesus appeared to her and said he will come for her in three years

Kaesekopf

Not something I'd worry too much about.  The spiritual life isn't about receiving consolations from God. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

dymphnaw

You might want to read the wise words of St. John on the Cross who said that hankering after locutions and dreams was dangerous and that most of the people who have them are not seeing anything from Heaven but are being tricked by the devil.

lauermar

I dreamed vividly of the Oklahoma city bombing several months before it happened. it shook me up and depressed me all day. I didn't know where the dream took place. After the bombing made the papers I was shocked to see the building on the front page looking like it did in my dream. I regret not praying in advance for possible loss of souls.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)