Catholic smartphone apps

Started by Kaesekopf, December 27, 2012, 03:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheReturnofLive

An app I recommend is Catena; it's a free Bible app that - when you click on a verse of the Bible - will give you various Patristic Commentaries on that app.

It's not strictly Catholic, and has Church Fathers which aren't Catholic, but you can change that in the settings so it only shows Pre-Schism East and West and Post-Schism West only.
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

lauermar

I highly recommend Laudete. It has everything, prayers, daily mass propers, Latin...even the bible!
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

Prayerful

Quote from: lauermar on March 15, 2021, 05:58:42 PM
I highly recommend Laudete. It has everything, prayers, daily mass propers, Latin...even the bible!

It has Latin prayers and the Challoner Douay-Rheim, but I cannot find propers for the traditional Mass in it. iMass remains the best for tradition.

Latin Mass Magazine have the new 'Keep the Faith' app (search for 'keep the faith Catholic' on Play store). Fine articles, if it's like the magazine.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

lauermar

Highly recommend Vetus Ordo app.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)