Is there a way to allocate space from one disk to another/ Data allocations

Started by Kirin, September 01, 2018, 10:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirin

I now find myself suddenly desiring to become Amish today. I've probably used the wrong terms in the headlines but I'm lost with this.

I've gotten a new laptop and while I am very happy with it, the partition set up is ludicrous. I've got a measly 100GB on my C: and 2TB on a D:...That I can't really use, and despite redirecting installations to D:, there are parts of archival software already padding out my Documents folder  :rant:.

I've bought a program called AOMEI to try and re-allocate some of this data, but apparently, my C: and D: are on different disks, and the help guide process doesn't seem to work with this.

By different disks is this a literally different component, or is there a way I could somehow combine the partitions? I'm hoping someone here will know, because Leviathan will rise before I get a straight answer out of the IT department here  :crazy:

Thank you

MilesChristi

What machine is this? What operating system are you running? Do you have more than one hard drive?
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Heinrich

Boy, don't let the atheist personnel club at work, aka your academic department know that you had to lower yourself to a group of troglodytes for help with something scientific.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.