Pine Bluff (WI) parish now exclusively celebrates Mass ad orientem

Started by Kaesekopf, January 08, 2013, 02:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

From BadgerCatholic
http://badgercatholic.blogspot.com/2013/01/pine-bluff-parish-now-exclusively.html

Pine Bluff parish now exclusively celebrates Mass ad orientem
Quotevia Fr. Rick Heilman:
It's official. St. Mary of Pine Bluff became a parish that celebrates the Novus Ordo ad orientem at all of their Masses.

After a year of celebrating daily Masses ad orientem, we wondered when and if we would take the next step to celebrate all of our Masses this way – including weekend Masses. Then came the December 6, 2012 homily by our own Bishop Robert Morlino (listen here). In his homily, our bishop was actually encouraging ad orientem worship. Of course this was all the incentive we needed – or, was it?

This Novus Ordo parish has gone completely ad orientam.  This is located in the Diocese of Madison, led by Bp. Morlino.

Picture of church:
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

LouisIX

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

dust

May God richly Bless them!

I pray that we in South Carolina can one day have this as well.
"The Truth is still the Truth, even if nobody believes it, and a lie is still a lie, even if everybody believes it." ++ Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen
"Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris"

Penelope

Well, they're at least getting closer to what they ought to be doing. May they soon switch to the TLM!

Kaesekopf

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Penelope

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 08, 2013, 09:05:04 PM
Also, I noted two veils in that picture of the church!

I see three! And one possible hat (or perhaps it's just someone's roots growing in after a dye job).

Pheo

Quote from: Penelope on January 08, 2013, 10:14:37 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 08, 2013, 09:05:04 PM
Also, I noted two veils in that picture of the church!

I see three! And one possible hat (or perhaps it's just someone's roots growing in after a dye job).

I see five!  But then my eyes are also very tired.

Two in the front right, three behind them and to the right.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Kaesekopf