Notebook question

Started by maryslittlegarden, January 30, 2016, 06:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryslittlegarden

Ok, so my newish (this summer) notebook decided to not recognize the USB ports.  Which means I can't print :):):)  HEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPP.   

Before I throw it somewhere.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Gardener

Do you need to install updates, which may contain updated USB drivers?

Can you go to Device Management, to make sure they are enabled?

If I asked you to boot into BIOS or otherwise go to the BIOS screen to ensure they are enabled, would this make any sense?

What make/model? Operating System (Windows7/8/8.1/10, Mac OS, Linux)?

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

maryslittlegarden

It's windows 8.1
It updates on a regular basis.  I did check the device manager and it has the most recently updated USB software.  I did a factory reset on it which did not  help with the USB ports. 

Not sure what the BIOS screen is...
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Gardener

Try this:
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZcYbxOcPV0[/yt]

Then check for the USB ports and if they're enabled.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe