Odd Mammal, it still may live

Started by poche, January 05, 2013, 05:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poche

A critically endangered mammal, thought to be extinct in Australia since the last ice age, a new study suggests.

http://news.yahoo.com/odd-mammal-thought-long-extinct-australia-may-still-183844295.html 

tmw89

Don't be too surprised if we start seeing many more varieties of hitherto obituaried animals in the not-too-distant future.

#cuethejurassicparkmusic
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

EcceQuamBonum

"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

tmw89

Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on January 05, 2013, 07:21:02 PM
Quote from: tmw89 on January 05, 2013, 05:36:15 PM
#cuethejurassicparkmusic

I can't wait.  Best movie EVAR.

:D

Just don't get too attached to the lambs when the real deal opens...
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: tmw89 on January 05, 2013, 07:49:49 PM
#cuethejurassicparkmusic

"What's the matter, kid?  You never had lamb chops?"    :D

I can't remember the last time I actually went to see a movie open at midnight.  (I think it was the Pokémon movie, actually, hahaha.)  But when JP 3D opens in April, I'm going to be there opening night.  Can't wait for the goat leg to come flying out of the screen!   ;D
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

tmw89

Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on January 05, 2013, 08:07:08 PM
#cuethejurassicparkmusic

I can't remember the last time I actually went to see a movie open at midnight.  (I think it was the Pokémon movie, actually, hahaha.)  But when JP 3D opens in April, I'm going to be there opening night.  Can't wait for the goat leg to come flying out of the screen!   ;D

JP3D??  I'd lost track, thought it came and went... I just might have to check it out when it comes around my neck of the woods.  Although I'm philosophically opposed to the retrofitting of new 3D on older movies made as and intended to be viewed in 2D, the thought of seeing the Tyrannosaur chase the jeep in an extra dimension is too much to resist.

---

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: tmw89 on January 05, 2013, 08:10:28 PM
Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on January 05, 2013, 08:07:08 PM
#cuethejurassicparkmusic

JP3D??  I'd lost track, thought it came and went... I just might have to check it out when it comes around my neck of the woods.  Although I'm philosophically opposed to the retrofitting of new 3D on older movies made as and intended to be viewed in 2D, the thought of seeing the Tyrannosaur chase the jeep in an extra dimension is too much to resist.

Oh yes.  April 2013.  Be there.  And not just the T-Rex.  Think of the gallimimuses!  And the velociraptors sticking their heads through doors!

This will more than make up for the fact that my parents wouldn't let me go see it in theaters when I was in kindergarten.

tmw89

Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on January 05, 2013, 08:14:00 PMOh yes.  April 2013.  Be there.  And not just the T-Rex.  Think of the gallimimuses!  And the velociraptors sticking their heads through doors!

This will more than make up for the fact that my parents wouldn't let me go see it in theaters when I was in kindergarten.

Ah, gallimimuses!  I tried thinking of their name... that scene is perfect for 3D.

Don't suppose you had better luck with The Lost World?  I managed to sneak in for that JP inning... thought it far superior to the original until I grew up and recognized it for the extended merchandise tie-in commercial that it was.

---

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: tmw89 on January 05, 2013, 08:21:41 PM
Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on January 05, 2013, 08:14:00 PMOh yes.  April 2013.  Be there.  And not just the T-Rex.  Think of the gallimimuses!  And the velociraptors sticking their heads through doors!

Ah, gallimimuses!  I tried thinking of their name... that scene is perfect for 3D.

Don't suppose you had better luck with The Lost World?  I managed to sneak in for that JP inning... thought it far superior to the original until I grew up and recognized it for the extended merchandise tie-in commercial that it was.

I did, actually!  And I've always thought the original was better.  In fact, I never even saw JP3.  (Though I've heard I haven't been missing out.)

tmw89

Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on January 05, 2013, 08:43:03 PM
Quote from: tmw89 on January 05, 2013, 08:21:41 PM

I did, actually!  And I've always thought the original was better.  In fact, I never even saw JP3.  (Though I've heard I haven't been missing out.)

You heard correctly... and it's my understanding there will be a JP4.  After JP3, almost anything will be considered an improvement.

---

beagle

Australia has most of the cool animals. One benefit to being an island.