Traditional Catholic Women's Discord Server Group

Started by Mushroom, April 19, 2022, 07:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: MushroomRooster on April 22, 2022, 11:16:26 AM
Quote from: TulitAutemAgnum on April 21, 2022, 10:59:02 PM
When I read "discord chat" I thought that you meant the purpose was to complain.

What are you getting at?

People unfamiliar with the software will only see the meaning of the word.

Mushroom

Quote from: TulitAutemAgnum on April 22, 2022, 11:54:39 AM
QuoteWhat are you getting at?

No, nothing, I just read it wrong, I thought it was funny.

Sorry, I was just suspicious of someone from FE trying to troll me, but all's good. Nice to see you here :)

Mushroom

Quote from: TerrorDæmonum on April 22, 2022, 12:15:47 PM
Quote from: MushroomRooster on April 22, 2022, 11:16:26 AM
When I read "discord chat" I thought that you meant the purpose was to complain.

What are you getting at?

People unfamiliar with the software will only see the meaning of the word.

I suck at reading jokes lol, but yeah, I get it now.

Michael Wilson

When I read "discord chat" I thought that you meant the purpose was to complain. :huh:
That is how I read the tittle of the thread; inviting women to have an argument; like a Monty Python skit.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Jayne

Quote from: TerrorDæmonum on April 20, 2022, 10:57:17 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 20, 2022, 10:37:01 AM
It's primarily used, in my experience, by gamers.

It might be different from what it was. I used it very briefly a long time ago, but what I see indicates it has evolved substantially. I don't know who uses it the most, but I do not think gamers dominate it anymore.

Lately, I have been seeing Discord recommended for German language learners.  Apparently there are some good servers that provide lessons and opportunities to write and speak in German.  I had been meaning to look into this, so this thread reminded me.  I set up a Discord account and joined this women's server and a German learners' one. 

I don't really know what I'm doing, but it looks like the sort of thing to learn by doing.

Maybe someone could make a board for traditional Catholic women on a forum and promote it for this purpose so people did not have to use this proprietary software. Is this crazy talk?

The discussions on the server look like they would fit just fine on our women's sub-forum here.  (And there are even a few Fisheaters refugees posting, which is a traditional function of SD.  :cheeseheadbeer: ) But, given the current atmosphere on SD, I can understand the appeal of starting up something new rather than using SD.  Still, it is difficult to get enough members to make a new group work. 

A lot of my favourite posters here take a break or reduce posting for Lent.  Perhaps, if they resume posting, SD will become more pleasant and the Discord group could consider it as a "Plan B" if things don't work out.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Underdog

I'm interested in joining, but the invite is expired. Can a new invite be issued?

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Jayne on April 23, 2022, 11:22:03 AM
The discussions on the server look like they would fit just fine on our women's sub-forum here.  (And there are even a few Fisheaters refugees posting, which is a traditional function of SD.  :cheeseheadbeer: ) But, given the current atmosphere on SD, I can understand the appeal of starting up something new rather than using SD.  Still, it is difficult to get enough members to make a new group work. 

A lot of my favourite posters here take a break or reduce posting for Lent.  Perhaps, if they resume posting, SD will become more pleasant and the Discord group could consider it as a "Plan B" if things don't work out.

They should resume posting, even if it's "just" in the ladies' subforum!
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

diaduit

Quote from: Jayne on April 23, 2022, 11:22:03 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 20, 2022, 10:37:01 AM
It's primarily used, in my experience, by gamers.

Oh don't worry Jayne, I'm back  8) ;)

TraddingtonBear

Quote from: Underdog on April 28, 2022, 02:58:21 PM
I'm interested in joining, but the invite is expired. Can a new invite be issued?

https://discord.gg/VdWWB9wg

We'd love to have you! I'm QuidHocAdAeternitatem over there, the moderator/server owner, although there isn't much to "mod" at the moment lol. Any other ladies, please feel welcome to follow the invite link and join in. I'm all ears, if you have suggestions.

TulitAutemAgnum

Jayne

Quote from: diaduit on April 29, 2022, 01:39:19 AM

I actually was looking forward to you coming back.  That just goes to show how bad things have been.   ;D
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

TraddingtonBear

Lynne

Quote from: Jayne on April 29, 2022, 09:36:40 AM

I actually was looking forward to you coming back.  That just goes to show how bad things have been.   ;D

We need Munda back too. I know she's lurking but no posts...   :)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Lynne on May 01, 2022, 03:54:19 PM
Quote from: Jayne on April 29, 2022, 09:36:40 AM

We need Munda back too. I know she's lurking but no posts...   :)

You're too kind!  Life is crazy busy lately. Hopefully I'll have more down time in the summer once we take a school break.  I've been checking in, by haven't had much time to engage in discussions.  It doesn't help that I don't have a nursing baby at the moment, which is when I used to have the opportunity to just sit for longer periods of time.  Currently, the toddler is far more interested in exploring and digging outside than sitting in the rocker with me..... "no, I not wock wiff you, Mama.  I go pway ouside."  besides, he told his Daddy the other day, "Jesus don't want me take nap"  ::)  who are we to argue with that!?  ;D

Lynne

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on May 02, 2022, 01:15:34 PM
You're too kind!  Life is crazy busy lately. Hopefully I'll have more down time in the summer once we take a school break.  I've been checking in, by haven't had much time to engage in discussions.  It doesn't help that I don't have a nursing baby at the moment, which is when I used to have the opportunity to just sit for longer periods of time.  Currently, the toddler is far more interested in exploring and digging outside than sitting in the rocker with me..... "no, I not wock wiff you, Mama.  I go pway ouside."  besides, he told his Daddy the other day, "Jesus don't want me take nap"  ::)  who are we to argue with that!?  ;D

oh my goodness! hahaha
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"