This is odd?

Started by Elizabeth, February 24, 2022, 05:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elizabeth

My laptop was lost or stolen flying to St. Mary :coffee:s, and I was going to make an account on my husband's laptop.  It automatically allowed me to log in as Elizabeth, but I can't remember ever making an account on his computer, and he didn't like me to use it anyway.  So, this is still the same old Elizabeth. 
(unless this machine was paired with my old Mac ? is that even possible?) 

:coffee:

mikemac

This forum is not an app that you download to a certain computer Elizabeth.  You should be able to log into this forum as Elizabeth from any computer.  I hope you manage to get your laptop back.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

TerrorDæmonum

I do not know the configurations of the computers in question, but it is entirely possible for operating systems as used on Apple devices and browsers (Safari is default on Apple devices) to sync with other devices attached to the same account.

It is all a matter of settings. It is also for someone to have credentials saved locally on a computer and since the computer in question was someone else's, that is entirely possible.

I would recommend one to keep one's credentials (usernames, passwords, sites, etc) safe and secure, rather than relying on systems one does not understand to save that information.

It is also best for each user to use their own account on the computer and have their own passwords and keep them secure, unless they are explicitly intending to share that information with another.

Elizabeth

I really agree with you in principle, Joseph.  Obviously I am basically computer illiterate, and despair of even trying to learn; it's the Bane.

Plus, WHAT HAPPENED TO MY LAPTOP.   It was a cheap, used heavy old thing -who would even want it....except...

'Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.'