Evolution is stupid.

Started by Habitual_Ritual, February 22, 2014, 08:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voxxpopulisuxx

Entropy doesnt only apply to sun energy...does it? And is that the same as the 2nd law of thermodynamics?
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 15, 2014, 07:32:01 AM
Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on April 15, 2014, 03:39:16 AM
Quote from: Gardener on April 15, 2014, 01:58:41 AM
Evolution is inefficacious. But, it's still sufficient -- even when it contradicts Scripture!
Ummm....what?

Ignore him.  He spammed the forum with this stuff about efficacy and sufficiency.
try again gardner
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

GloriaPatri

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on April 15, 2014, 10:37:40 AM
Entropy doesnt only apply to sun energy...does it? And is that the same as the 2nd law of thermodynamics?

The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics states that the entropy of an isolated system never decrease, because isolated systems always evolve towards a state of thermodynamic equilibrium, or a state of a maximum entropy. However, the Earth and its biosphere is not an isolated system, since we receive a constant influx of energy from the Sun. Thus the second law does not apply to Earth locally. Thus it is a piss-poor argument against evolution. The argument from irreducible complexity is a comparatively better argument.

Oldavid

Entropy doesn't apply only to light, heat etc., it applies to order in orderly systems as well; which is why I quoted the Second Law and the Law of Morphology as I did.

The Sun's energy is required to maintain some local systems but it doesn't create them out of nothing. As such, the Sun is part of the system and overall entropy is increasing.

That "closed system" argument is a piss-poor excuse for magic.
Ora pro nobis peccatoribus

GloriaPatri

Quote from: Oldavid on April 15, 2014, 06:53:29 PM
Entropy doesn't apply only to light, heat etc., it applies to order in orderly systems as well; which is why I quoted the Second Law and the Law of Morphology as I did.

The Sun's energy is required to maintain some local systems but it doesn't create them out of nothing. As such, the Sun is part of the system and overall entropy is increasing.

That "closed system" argument is a piss-poor excuse for magic.

And you are not understanding the Second Law of Thermo. Disorder only increases in a system that is closed off, i.e. unable to receive an influx of matter or energy. The Earth is not a closed system, and thus its entropy doesn't increase. Hence it is possible for more simple components to combine together and form complex structures. That's simple physics and biology. Something long empirically verified.

Oldavid

Quote from: GloriaPatri on April 15, 2014, 07:38:46 PM
And you are not understanding the Second Law of Thermo. Disorder only increases in a system that is closed off, i.e. unable to receive an influx of matter or energy. The Earth is not a closed system, and thus its entropy doesn't increase. Hence it is possible for more simple components to combine together and form complex structures. That's simple physics and biology. Something long empirically verified.
Gratuitous assertions do not a fact make.

According to you, if we make a closed system with only a rabbit in it and apply an electric arc (lots of heat and light) along with some mud and other debris... WALLAH! rabbit becomes a super highly evolved spaceman.

My guess is that a super highly evolved spaceman will look just like a well-and-truly burned up rabbit.

Stupid!
Ora pro nobis peccatoribus