Evolution is stupid.

Started by Habitual_Ritual, February 22, 2014, 08:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archer

Quote from: Oldavid on February 24, 2014, 10:53:31 PM
Quote from: Maximilian on February 24, 2014, 10:32:56 PM
Hey, Olddavid, great to see you back. I hope you can go a little while without being banned. Perhaps your rare personal 'strine charm is something that the philistines here are just not able to appreciate. 
Hmm. Thanks, Max.

Not likely to go a little while without being banned. My tolerance for pretentious twits is used up.

Max, who are you referring to when you speak about philistines?

Olddavid, who are you calling pretentious twits?
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Oldavid

Quote from: Archer on February 26, 2014, 09:29:46 AM
Hey, Olddavid, great to see you back. I hope you can go a little while without being banned. Perhaps your rare personal 'strine charm is something that the philistines here are just not able to appreciate. 
Hmm. Thanks, Max.

Not likely to go a little while without being banned. My tolerance for pretentious twits is used up.

I think you have answered yourself, Mr Robin g'Hood.
Ora pro nobis peccatoribus

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Oldavid on February 26, 2014, 10:11:29 AM
Quote from: Archer on February 26, 2014, 09:29:46 AM
Hmm. Thanks, Max.

I think you have answered yourself, Mr Robin g'Hood.
whats next?....talking about peoples Mom?
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Kaesekopf

Calling the administrator of a forum you frequent a "pretentious twit" is not wise.  Nor is insulting his moderation (who has far more theological 'experience' and training than you) with the same phrase wise. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Theophilus

Quote from: Christknight104 on February 23, 2014, 09:23:29 PM
I do not necessarily support evolution, but the biblical narrative essentially illustrates that mankind committed mass incest to populate the Earth, which really is not an ideal and solid explanation also.

Maybe I am wrong and in error,  but I have never received a satisfactory answer to the difficult question of why incest was tolerated by God in his original directive to "go forth and multiply, " whereas it had been declared to be a heinous sin and crime with the compilation of the Old Testament thousands of years later.

*Disclaimer*  I don't know anything about this or how much truth there is to it.. It is just something I heard or read at some point and makes sense to me.

Adam and Eve were created perfectly so their genome had no errors so inbreeding was not a problem. The book "How Christ said the first Mass" says that they had 23 or 32 pairs of twins and they populated the earth.  By the time Moses came around there were enough errors in the genome that it was no longer healthy to inbreed and no longer necessary.
"Only little children and those who are like them shall be admitted to the Heavenly Banquet."–St. Therese of Lisieux
"Because he hath therefore scattered you among the Gentiles, who know not him, that you may declare his wonderful works, and make them know that there is no other Almighty God besides him."

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Theophilus on February 26, 2014, 11:11:33 PM
*Disclaimer*  I don't know anything about this or how much truth there is to it.. It is just something I heard or read at some point and makes sense to me.

Adam and Eve were created perfectly so their genome had no errors so inbreeding was not a problem. The book "How Christ said the first Mass" says that they had 23 or 32 pairs of twins and they populated the earth.  By the time Moses came around there were enough errors in the genome that it was no longer healthy to inbreed and no longer necessary.

I too am uneducated and dumb about this whole topic, but, if Adam and Eve were created perfectly, inbreeding wouldn't be a problem.  As the ages go on, though, and humanity becomes corrupted, it makes sense the genome would be corrupted as well, IMHO.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

GloriaPatri

There is a big problem with that line of thought. If Adam and Eve are to be considered human then their genome could only differ by >0.1% from ours. No change in the genome that minute would have made incest ok back then when it is such an issue now.

voxxpopulisuxx

Wrong...Adam and Eve lived for hundreds of years as did Noah. Humans have devolved.

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

GloriaPatri

Longevity does not require a vast change in our genome. The degradation of the cell's replication process can be fixed by simply modifying the cell replication process such that errors do not occur, or that the telomere does not shorten with each cell replication. But to modify our genome such that incest would lend no bad side effects would mean Adam and Eve would no longer be human.

Habitual_Ritual

Quote from: GloriaPatri on February 27, 2014, 03:23:04 PM
Longevity does not require a vast change in our genome. The degradation of the cell's replication process can be fixed by simply modifying the cell replication process such that errors do not occur, or that the telomere does not shorten with each cell replication. But to modify our genome such that incest would lend no bad side effects would mean Adam and Eve would no longer be human.

What is your Doctorate in?
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Archer

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on February 27, 2014, 11:21:32 AM
Wrong...Adam and Eve lived for hundreds of years as did Noah. Humans have devolved.

I always assumed it was because God wanted them to live that long - not because of anything that they did or didn't do here on earth which caused their natural longevity.  There are only a few examples in the bible of certain people living hundreds of years, it just doesn't seem realistic to claim that because we don't live hundreds of years we as a species have regressed over time.  I admit I could be completely wrong though. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

GloriaPatri

Quote from: Habitual_Ritual on February 27, 2014, 03:52:19 PM
Quote from: GloriaPatri on February 27, 2014, 03:23:04 PM

What is your Doctorate in?

A doctorate in biology is not needed to know the different theories that account for aging and the breakdown of the replication process of the cell. Nor is it necessary in order to know that a vast change in the human genome is unnecessary to increase longevity. But such a change is necessary if incest is to not lead to a multitude of health problems. In fact, the variations of the human genome seen today can not be adequately explained by a single original human couple, unless each of their children differed so drastically genetically that they were effectively not related to each other. A strange idea to be sure.

voxxpopulisuxx

The fact remains our first family's had to be incestuous. I have no problem with that...Gods ways are not our ways.

911!

Christknight104

Quote from: Theophilus on February 26, 2014, 11:11:33 PM
Quote from: Christknight104 on February 23, 2014, 09:23:29 PM
I do not necessarily support evolution, but the biblical narrative essentially illustrates that mankind committed mass incest to populate the Earth, which really is not an ideal and solid explanation also.

Maybe I am wrong and in error,  but I have never received a satisfactory answer to the difficult question of why incest was tolerated by God in his original directive to "go forth and multiply, " whereas it had been declared to be a heinous sin and crime with the compilation of the Old Testament thousands of years later.

Does this mean then that God prohibited incest for the Israelites on the basis that incest causes a host of  genetic deformations? If genetic disorders did not result from incest today, would incest then be okay and fine? Are these genetic deformations addressed in Leviticus or any other part of Sacred Scripture for the matter? Or are these results just implied?

I know these are very difficult questions. It seems then that the only way to get the best solution  is to have the privilege of asking God Himself in heaven.

Habitual_Ritual

Quote from: GloriaPatri on February 27, 2014, 05:36:25 PM

A doctorate in biology is not needed to know the different theories that account for aging and the breakdown of the replication process of the cell.

Er, what?

You spent several previous comments negating the work of some very clever and heavily credentialed folk because their PhDs are in the 'wrong' area and now you come out with this?

Sorry Bub, I have to use your own standards in addressing you. If you have no PhD in the areas under discussion than I need to kindly ask you to cease and desist. Your comments are worthless without appropriate credentials.

Move along now.
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)