"satanic rosaries"

Started by Chestertonian, September 05, 2014, 11:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KAW9sF4wGY[/yt]
has anyone heard of this?  my son has a few plastic rosaries ,  that look kind of like this....have ot see if we can take a look around later

wonder if this is real or just fear mongering
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

MilesChristi

Just as sacramentals need to be blessed, satanic artifacts have to be activated.

Unless satanists are really assembly-lining this through, I wouldn't worry about it.
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

INPEFESS

This almost seems to be a joke.

Just because there are pentagons on the crucifix does not mean it is satanic. You could find a subliminal meaning for almost everything if you try.
I  n
N omine
P atris,
E t
F ilii,
E t
S piritus
S ancti

>))))))º> "Wherefore, brethren, labour the more, that by good works you may make sure your calling and election. For doing these things, you shall not sin at any time" (II Peter 1:10). <º((((((<

Arun

i'd avoid them. best case scenario they're innocent but still cheap crap, and given the worst case scenario there's no real upside to them.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

GloriaPatri

First off those pentacles have long been used as representation of the 5 Wounds of Christ. Second, the serpent about the rod is a reference to the brazen serpent Moses lifted up, and Old Testament predecessor to Christ. And as far as the Sun goes, Sun of Justice anyone? Or even haloes? Like really, this is just poorly informed fear mongering  ::)

jim111

Quote from: MilesChristi on September 05, 2014, 11:52:30 AM
Just as sacramentals need to be blessed, satanic artifacts have to be activated.

Unless satanists are really assembly-lining this through, I wouldn't worry about it.
What happens if a priest blesses a rosary you did not know was activated.

Daniel

I've heard of these rosaries before.  I'm with Arun.  They're just cheap pieces of junk but I doubt there's anything wrong with them.  All that alleged symbolism is probably just coincidence.  Those are pentagons, not pentagrams/pentacles.  The "serpent on the rod" isn't very clear and just looks like vines or wood grain or some other unnecessary design feature.  The suns are probably decorative as well.

The rosary pictured at 2:39 may be satanic though (if those devil heads are clearly visible), but I can't seem to find a better image of it anywhere.  But it seems that the only image is the one in the video so that rosary might not even exist.

As for the website selling "magical wishing rosaries", it's a sacrilege but I'm not surprised.  It's obviously a marketing gimmick.  These websites throw some superstition into the item's description and then non-Catholics buy these over-priced cheap rosaries because they think it's cool or because they actually believe in that sort of stuff.  Just because a website is marketing the rosary in that way doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with the rosary itself (or that the manufacturer even approves of how the website is marketing it).

And those satanic rosaries pictured at 4:18 are horrible.  But even with them, I'm guessing it's mostly vanity amongst rockers, not something that satanists actually use in satanic prayer.  (But I could be wrong.)

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: GloriaPatri on September 05, 2014, 06:07:19 PM
First off those pentacles have long been used as representation of the 5 Wounds of Christ. Second, the serpent about the rod is a reference to the brazen serpent Moses lifted up, and Old Testament predecessor to Christ. And as far as the Sun goes, Sun of Justice anyone? Or even haloes? Like really, this is just poorly informed fear mongering  ::)

Agreed.  I have friends who believe this, though.  :(
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

INPEFESS

Exactly. I don't use these rosaries (I prefer rope rosaries), but it has nothing to do with this.
I  n
N omine
P atris,
E t
F ilii,
E t
S piritus
S ancti

>))))))º> "Wherefore, brethren, labour the more, that by good works you may make sure your calling and election. For doing these things, you shall not sin at any time" (II Peter 1:10). <º((((((<

LouisIX

Yes.  This video (and others like it) have been dispelled at other trad fora repeatedly. 
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

angelcookie

Quote from: jim111 on September 05, 2014, 06:12:31 PM
Quote from: MilesChristi on September 05, 2014, 11:52:30 AM

What happens if a priest blesses a rosary you did not know was activated.

IMO, the priests blessing would triumph. Not sure why you wouldn't just go get a different one though and get rid of the bad one.

Chestertonian

Quote from: LouisIX on September 06, 2014, 11:08:18 AM

Yes.  This video (and others like it) have been dispelled at other trad fora repeatedly.
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''good to know
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"